Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diggs for Trent Williams?
Probably just putting that old springtime Diggs in a Redskins jersey (posted by his brother) together with the Williams desire to be traded. There is, however, "reportedly" a very big name receiver on the trade market right now. Could it be Diggs? Probably not....there's a loose end here by the name of Reiff that doesn't seem to fit into this puzzle. And I highly doubt the Vikings would trade Stefon for anyone. Especially given that we don't currently have a WR3 who can take his place. 

I'll put the over/under on the likelihood of this around 5%. 

I read that over the weekend and I was like hell to the no. I am also seeing talk about DeAndre Hopkins and Julio Jones as trade bait. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Probably just putting that old springtime Diggs in a Redskins jersey (posted by his brother) together with the Williams desire to be traded. There is, however, "reportedly" a very big name receiver on the trade market right now. Could it be Diggs? Probably not....there's a loose end here by the name of Reiff that doesn't seem to fit into this puzzle. And I highly doubt the Vikings would trade Stefon for anyone. Especially given that we don't currently have a WR3 who can take his place. 

They badly need a WR also.  The Rube in me   says I would give them Diggs, Elflein and a 4th for Trent and Doctson and slide Reiff inside. Superbowl Homeboy! 

Still young ascending dynamic WR for an older discontent LT?  Nah, even for a guy that likes O-line, that doesn't add up.

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

They badly need a WR also.  The Rube in me   says I would give them Diggs, Elflein and a 4th for Trent and Doctson and slide Reiff inside. Superbowl Homeboy! 
The 4th would come our way. Williams is 31. Diggs is 25. When it comes to trades, age and contract are the two biggest factors. Also, Doctson has done nothing. 

How about hell to the NO!!!!

If the Viking were stupid enough to offer that trade, fortunately for them Danny Snyder would be too stupid to take it.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
If the Viking were stupid enough to offer that trade, fortunately for them Danny Snyder would be too stupid to take it.
You are kidding right? Trent Williams is a 7 time Pro bowler.  Are you one of those back in the day that said Drew Brees was washed up and had shoulder issues? 

Weve seen ATs effectiveness suffer without Diggs,  and the crux of the issues with our OL is up the middle,  specifically the OG positions,  so we fix a minor protection problem but then create a target issue which forces the QB to hold the ball longer?  Males no sense to me.