Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Tough news regarding Eddie Money
NEW YORK — Eddie Money says he has stage 4 esophageal cancer. The singer known for such hits as "Two Tickets to Paradise" and "Take Me Home Tonight" says his fate is in "God's hands."
Money's comments appear in a video released Saturday from his AXS TV reality series "Real Money." The full episode airs Sept. 12.
In the video, Money says he discovered he had cancer after what he thought was a routine checkup. The 70-year-old whose real name is Edward Mahoney learned that the disease had spread to his liver and lymph nodes.
Money said it hit him "really, really hard."
He's had numerous health problems recently including heart valve surgery earlier this year and pneumonia after the procedure, leading to his cancellation of a planned summer tour.
Associated PressAugust 24, 2019 — 11:48am

Cancer is a dick. Both grandparents died of it. Countless aunts, uncles and friends. My 19 year old brother died of it when I was 10. Other brother dealing with it now. Stage 4. His husband has it as well. My dad had it. My sister's husband has it.

...and there but for the grace of God....

That's tough MB, sorry to hear it...

They've made some progress over the decades, not nearly enough...Alzheimers/Dementia too. 

Holy shit, MB...I had no idea...

So sorry MB.

I Lost both parents to cancer. Emotionally exhausting to go through. 

Yeah Cancer is a thief, it steals from all of us.  My Son's research field is in genome editing and he relays some encouraging news. 

Hey MB, hang in there, folks are working hard, hope we see some results soon.

cancer exists because weve found ways to cure other things and live long enough to get cancer. I hope one day we find a cure and they look at the way we currently treat it like the way we look at treatments for civil war gunshot wounds.