Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL is loaded ain't it?
I mean when I look at the rosters of some of these teams? Even a team like Seattle last night - probably a notch below Philly or Rams? Is damn good. 

Going to be tough for our Vikings in the NFC and The North too...Only 16 games in a season, means each game is so important. 

I heard Paul Charchian comment on saturday that he thinks the Vikings could find a #3 or #4 receiver from what the Packers cut or off their practice squad.   He believes that they are deeply stacked with WR talent and that their cast offs will be better than Beebs or Bisi.  Now he is a cheese head,  but he is also a football guy that has to maintain some credibility with his business so I may have to watch for a packer game next weekend.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I heard Paul Charchian comment on saturday that he thinks the Vikings could find a #3 or #4 receiver from what the Packers cut or off their practice squad.   He believes that they are deeply stacked with WR talent and that their cast offs will be better than Beebs or Bisi.  Now he is a cheese head,  but he is also a football guy that has to maintain some credibility with his business so I may have to watch for a packer game next weekend.
And yet some think we'll get something out of Turdwell. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
And yet some think we'll get something out of Turdwell. 
hell I am not convinced he is for sure off the team yet.  Zylstra showed up last night,  but Bisi was MIA,  it would be nice to see at least 1 other WR show up for consecutive weeks besides the top 3 considering Beebe has an injury history that goes back to his college days.  If Treadwell continues to look the part when they are "showcasing" him for potential trades then I have to wonder if he sticks in the absence of a strong 4th and 5th emerging.   Bisi is likely in the fold already,  but there has yet to be a 5th make a case in 2 games.  2 to go,  so its still wide open,  but Treadwell was out there with the 1s last night IIRC.

That's a bit of a ridiculous statement. Anyone on this depth chart after WR5 or 6 you like better than Beebe? Bisi? Even Treadwell? 

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/GB

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
That's a bit of a ridiculous statement. Anyone on this depth chart after WR5 or 6 you like better than Beebe? Bisi? Even Treadwell? 

honestly,  I dont have time for college FB any more, and havent had time the last few years to do any pre draft analysis so I wouldnt likely have picked out most any of the WRs coming out in the last few years.  I havent seen any of those packers play,  they might be games they might be dog shit.

@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

honestly,  I dont have time for college FB any more, and havent had time the last few years to do any pre draft analysis so I wouldnt likely have picked out most any of the WRs coming out in the last few years.  I havent seen any of those packers play,  they might be games they might be dog shit.
Oh you think I know them? That's my point. They're all no names just like ours. Late rounders and UDFAs. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Oh you think I know them? That's my point. They're all no names just like ours. Late rounders and UDFAs. 
I couldnt have picked Adam Theilen out of a crowd of 2 before his rookie year.  I am  not saying that our guys suck and the packers cast offs will be better.... just that I havent seen them play so I cant say either way.

@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:

You're confusing dog shit with the packers.  Its easy to do.  I kind of relate the packers to that time when you step in a nice steaming pile and start swearing at the dog. 

@JimmyinSD said:

Assuming Kumerow makes the Packers roster, the only intriguing guy is Darius Shepard.  Slot guy, who has been making a bunch of plays in TC for the puke and gold.  He can be a return guy too.

I wouldn't take St. Brown (big target but not explosive), Trevor Davis (basically a small return guy), or Moore (drops a ton of balls).

None of those 3 are better than Treadwell, Bisi, or Beebe.  I think Charch is a little too "high" on the cheese...