Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB 2 is probably going to be hotly debated among Viking fans...
I'm still forming my opinion. I still see promise in Sloter.

The problem for Sloter is that he has looked (in the eyes of the various media folks that watch TC practices) inconsistent in practice.

Zimmer even touched on this in one of his recent press conferences.  Sloter will have some "wow" throws that show of his arm and athleticism and then he'll be off target or float a couple balls.

I need to watch the rest of the game from last night, but Mannion looked solid for the most part.

Most teams are in trouble regardless if their starting QB goes down, but the backup spot seems underwhelming.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
The problem for Sloter is that he has looked (in the eyes of the various media folks that watch TC practices) inconsistent in practice.

Zimmer even touched on this in one of his recent press conferences.  Sloter will have some "wow" throws that show of his arm and athleticism and then he'll be off target or float a couple balls.

I need to watch the rest of the game from last night, but Mannion looked solid for the most part.
This is what I've heard as well. I don't think the coaches trust him as much as they maybe trust Mannion. But again, you put him in games, and he looks great. 

Some guys are just gamers. I'm sure there was a practice-based reason why Kurt Warner was behind Trent Green. But Green gets hurt and the rest is history. So far, Sloter has played in 9 preseason games with about a thousand yards, 9 TDs and 0 INTs. 

I've heard some talk that he could be traded. That there is interest around the league. I want to see more before we even consider that. 

Mannion floats the ball while Sloter drives it. Sloter, unlike last year, looks like his placement sucks. Receivers having to stop or turn around to make catches rather then hitting them in stride. I want to see Sloter against a real, bonafide first string D.

We love our "good practice QBs" in MN!! Sean Mannion sucks ass! There, I said it.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Wetlander" said:

This is what I've heard as well. I don't think the coaches trust him as much as they maybe trust Mannion. But again, you put him in games, and he looks great. 

Some guys are just gamers. I'm sure there was a practice-based reason why Kurt Warner was behind Trent Green. But Green gets hurt and the rest is history. So far, Sloter has played in 9 preseason games with about a thousand yards, 9 TDs and 0 INTs. 

I've heard some talk that he could be traded. That there is interest around the league. I want to see more before we even consider that. 
Sloter for Teddy?

When they start basing wins and the losses on how a player looks in practice then mannion should be the selection,  until then as long as the actual games are all that matters give me Sloter until somebody beats him out under the lights.

Sloter missed on one pass. 
Browning missed on one pass.
Kirk missed none.
Mannion got the bulk but was 7-13.
That's all I got.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Wetlander" said:

Sloter for Teddy?
I wish, but no way that could happen. Sean Payton has said many times that Teddy isn't just a backup but their starter when Brees retires, likely after this season. 

I tend to think that Cousins will play well this year, get extended and end up playing another 5, 6 years in Minnesota.