Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So We Still Can't Run The Ball
... But we can do everything else!

Super Bowl confirmed! Eat it Saints!
PS I'm from out of state and had to watch the Saints coverage of the game. Jonathon Vilma (yep, that one) being in the broadcast booth for the entire game is despicable. I'd expect no less.

I’m watching the Saints broadcast, too. They literally do not care who the opponent is. They mentioned Cousins, Thielen, and Diggs. And that’s about it. When a vikings player and a Saints player were injured on the same play, they never even acknowledged the Viking injury. It was nuts. If you want to know who was on the field for the Vikings, you had to figure it out for yourself. Pathetic.

I actually watched both. Watched a satellite feed for the live game (PA and Bercich) and later watched the delayed broadcast on NFLN (Saints, Vilma). 

These are meant for their home audiences. It's not meant to be objective at all. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I actually watched both. Watched a satellite feed for the live game (PA and Bercich) and later watched the delayed broadcast on NFLN (Saints, Vilma). 

These are meant for their home audiences. It's not meant to be objective at all. 
Yep, that's it in a nutshell.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Yep I get that. But maybe you don't hire the guy who got suspended for a full season for running a bounty program to work in your broadcast booth? Especially while announcing games involving the team he famously ran the program against? Call me old fashioned.
Anyways, I thought we looked really good outside of Abdullah stripping himself and some penalties.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Yep I get that. But maybe you don't hire the guy who got suspended for a full season for running a bounty program to work in your broadcast booth? Especially while announcing games involving the team he famously ran the program against? Call me old fashioned.
Anyways, I thought we looked really good outside of Abdullah stripping himself and some penalties.
You would think not but it's the Saints. I am not at all surprised by him being there. They continue to bitch and moan about the championship game, do you really think they would care about Vilma? There are people that still defend them for their actions and see nothing wrong with what happened. The Saints commentators sucked and were clueless. It's expected.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

For whatever reason we don't get the preseason games in our suburb of a corn field, so I was forced to watch the game on GamePass.  They must still be working out the kinks, because they were broadcasting some of their between possession banter in the booth during commercial timeouts.  When they believed no one was listen, on a couple of occasions, they were actually being critical of the Saints and how they were playing.  But as soon as they were back to their known broadcasting they immediately started the love and drool fest up again.    

Quote: @AllBS said:
@MaroonBells said:

For whatever reason we don't get the preseason games in our suburb of a corn field, so I was forced to watch the game on GamePass.  They must still be working out the kinks, because they were broadcasting some of their between possession banter in the booth during commercial timeouts.  When they believed no one was listen, on a couple of occasions, they were actually being critical of the Saints and how they were playing.  But as soon as they were back to their known broadcasting they immediately started the love and drool fest up again.    
Hah, that's funny. They were going on and on about how great the Saints were playing when by my eyes we were pretty much dominating the entire first half.

One thing that was absolutely awesome to see was on the first drive the Vikes had 3rd and long, Cousins stepped up in the pocket and scrambled for the easy first. A few plays later we scored a TD.
Last season in interviews Kirk would talk about needing to use his legs more, but he rarely did it on Sundays. Was cool to see him do it to great success last night.

205 yards of rushing means they can’t run? Am I missing a joke here?

Yeah I was stuck with the homer Saints feed. 
I like what the running game did. Sputtering at 1st but then looked pretty good. 200+ yards and didn't use our primary back. I can live with that.