Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dru Samia?
I heard him discussed on 1500 Tuesday afternoon (Matthew Coller and a woman), and the comments were very disappointing: that he does not appear likely to make the roster, getting overpowered in practices, has fallen behind Danny Isidora (described as greatly improved this year), Dakota Dozier, Storm Norton.
Some of you have been to camp, watched full practices, so....what's the scoop? Is this just one perspective, or is he looking that bad?

Quote: @Jor-El said:
I heard him discussed on 1500 Tuesday afternoon (Matthew Coller and a woman), and the comments were very disappointing: that he does not appear likely to make the roster, getting overpowered in practices, has fallen behind Danny Isidora (described as greatly improved this year), Dakota Dozier, Storm Norton.
Some of you have been to camp, watched full practices, so....what's the scoop? Is this just one perspective, or is he looking that bad?
honestly aside from a story I've read about him getting first team reps last week when they had their veteran day off,  I havent heard anything positive or negative about the kid.

Collier is from Skor North, I like his takes quite a bit. 

I would not dismiss this lightly.

IF true its disappointing as the Vikings moved-up to get this guy and we need good depth 

its only 2 weeks into a 5 or 6 week camp,  I am not concerned as long as he isnt getting called out by the coaches.  Rookies have a bigger learning curve than those vets who have been in the league and have been exposed to different systems.  If he isnt generating any buzz in 2 weeks I will start to wonder WTF.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
He was a 4th round draft pick with a 3rd round grade. The chances of him getting released is pretty close to zero. He'll either be on the roster or he'll suffer the proverbial mysterious injury and get stashed on IR. It's great to hear that Isidora is looking good. I've also heard that Dakota Dozier has looked good as well. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
its only 2 weeks into a 5 or 6 week camp,  I am not concerned as long as he isnt getting called out by the coaches.  Rookies have a bigger learning curve than those vets who have been in the league and have been exposed to different systems.  If he isnt generating any buzz in 2 weeks I will start to wonder WTF.

It did strike me as very early to declare someone a bust. I do hope the positive take on Isidora is accurate, though.

This is how Zimmer typically handles mid-to-late round picks... start them out behind the vets and let them get acclimated to the scheme.  If they show they can handle more, he moves them up.  I'm not that worried about it.  Zimmer said he'll likely make some adjustments to the depth chart after they've seen everyone play tomorrow night.

Samia is like any other mid round rookie lineman...needs to get a lot stronger and better blocking techniques.  Pretty much hard work and long hours to reach that point.  But for Samia that goal is very reachable in a year or two.

When I saw Samia last week I wasn't too concerned with what I saw. Everyone knew coming in he would need to add more strength before he could seriously be considered a threat to start. Right now he is still on my 53-man roster but the numbers game keeps him on the edge. 

Chances are unless Brett Jones blows everyone away this pre-season they may end up keeping only one center with Elflein being the backup at that spot. Aviante Collins health is also something to keep an eye on since Storm Norton has come along at tackle in his place. My current 53 has the Vikings keeping 9 O-lineman. 

C - Bradbury 
OG - Elflein, Kline, Dozier, Samia 
OT - Reiff, O'Neill, Hill, Norton 

IR - Collins (until he proves he's healthy) 

PS - Keenoy, Udoh 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:

PS - Keenoy, Udoh 
And then the Packers sign Udoh to their roster and he becomes a multiple Pro-Bowler.