Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bisi Johnson making a run at WR3
Sounds like the WR3 job is Beebe's to lose, but I like this Bisi johnson from CSU. I liked his draft profile coming out and I like what I'm hearing about him in camp. He may not make the active roster, but I think he's one to watch down the road...Always felt that the most overrated traits for WRs in the draft were size and speed, and the most underrated, hands and routes. Bisi is gifted in the latter. 

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-olabisi-johnson-making-strong-run-at-no-3-receiver-spot/521818802/

I like the simple notion Belichek has regarding WR's: Can you stay on the field? Can you catch the ball?  If the answer is no to either of these, you aint going to be a Pat.

Nice read on Bisi, always fun to find a diamond in the rough. This guy was a 7th rounder! 

Here's an overview on Johnson coming out of college:

OverviewTough, consistent and dependable are terms scouts and coaches use in describing Johnson as a player. He is a very polished route runner, but his lack of top-end speed could limit his draft stock somewhat. His short-area footwork is solid, but he could really thrive as a big, zone-beater in space. Johnson's football character, intelligence and core special teams ability give him a chance to find work early and eventually become a dependable WR3.

Based on what I saw in person, Bisi is probably on the 53-man today. We'll see how he ends up playing during the preseason. The value he brings is that he can line up all over the field, including the slot. The other guys on the roster really don't have that flexibility. 

Bisi Johnson continues to be the one young WR who flashes. In the team drill, he hauled in a deep Sean Mannion fade up the seam against Duke Thomas. He's been making more plays recently and is heavily featured on special teams units. #Vikings