Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here we go - Vikings first official Depth Chart of 2019

Thanks, very interesting. Early and just on paper, but -
1. Eric Wilson at WLB - didn't he usually get listed at SLB last year? I hope this means he will get a shot to take playing time from Gedeon.
2. Holton Hill is all the way down at 5th RCB? That makes me think they have given up on him.
3. Glad to see Aviante Collins is not listed as injured...

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
Thanks, very interesting. Early and just on paper, but -
1. Eric Wilson at WLB - didn't he usually get listed at SLB last year? I hope this means he will get a shot to take playing time from Gedeon.
2. Holton Hill is all the way down at 5th RCB? That makes me think they have given up on him.
3. Glad to see Aviante Collins is not listed as injured...
Holtin Hill surprises me he's at 5th. Im keeping my on Hercules Mata'afa - he's listed as 3rd on the D. Tackle position. Is that considered borderline as to making the team? Or is that looking good for him?

It says first unofficial depth chart. Therefore, not really worth the paper it's printed on.

Quote: @"claykenny" said:
It says first unofficial depth chart. Therefore, not really worth the paper it's printed on.
Truth. But, some info can be gleaned: Treadwell is the #5 WR. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"claykenny" said:
Truth. But, some info can be gleaned: Treadwell is the #5 WR. 
Diggs was cut!

lol he appeared the second time i looked!

Laquon Treadwell is buried on the Vikings’ first unofficial depth chart

Posted by Mike Florio on August 6, 2019, 11:24 AM EDT
It’s a make or break preseason for Vikings receiver Laquon Treadwell. So far, he’s closer to breaking than making.
Treadwell, a first-round pick in 2016, is listed as a third-string receiver, putting him at either No. 5 or No. 6 in the pecking order.
The starters, obviously, are Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs. The second-stringers are Chad Beebe and Jordan Taylor. Treadwell appears on the third team, along with Jeff Badet.
Last year, Treadwell had a career-high 35 receptions for 302 yards and a touchdown. That’s not nearly good enough to justify the first-round pick the Vikings used to get him.
Treadwell is due to make $1.8 million in 2019, the final year of his rookie deal. Of that amount, $1.15 million is guaranteed.
If Treadwell is released, the Panthers could be interested; Carolina offensive coordinator Norv Turner ran Minnesota’s offense when Treadwell was picked, and Turner had hoped to develop Treadwell into a Michael Irvin-type weapon.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...pth-chart/

At first glance the thing that really leaps out at you is just how thin the roster is behind Kendricks & Barr.

The second catching my eye is how virtually all of the late round/UDFA DEs continue to rise up the depth chart. All vowels and Aruna have moved up and I'm pretty sure Bowers would have too if he wasn't so injury-prone.

Rick makes way more late picks than other GMs so he's bound to hit on some. Credit here really goes to Zim & Patterson not just for knowing what they're looking for but also in coaching these raw kids up.

With Johnson progressing at NT if Holmes or Herc steps up and becomes a quality Starter this D-Line could be set for a while without any high end draft capital being spent other than Hunter. Most impressive.

Quote: @"claykenny" said:
Wait you got a paper version?

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
At first glance the thing that really leaps out at you is just how thin the roster is behind Kendricks & Barr.

The second catching my eye is how virtually all of the late round/UDFA DEs continue to rise up the depth chart. All vowels and Aruna have moved up and I'm pretty sure Bowers would have too if he wasn't so injury-prone.

Rick makes way more late picks than other GMs so he's bound to hit on some. Credit here really goes to Zim & Patterson not just for knowing what they're looking for but also in coaching these raw kids up.

With Johnson progressing at NT if Holmes or Herc steps up and becomes a quality Starter this D-Line could be set for a while without any high end draft capital being spent other than Hunter. Most impressive.
Is Jaleel Johnson really nearing starter level at NT? Because Linval Joseph has a contract that sure seems to indicate 2019 could be his last in a Vikings uniform: his 2020 salary jumps up to over $12M but his dead cap drops down to only $2.4M. That screams either goodbye or restructure, and he'll be a 31-year-old NT with a lot of nagging injuries in his past (not surprising at his position). I know Shamar Stephen is listed as starting next to Joseph but I suspect he might be his replacement.