Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 most tortured fan bases
Clearly, the person writing these never really thought it through....When I think of tortured fan bases, I don't think of being bad. I think of frequently being very good and losing big games by twists of fate, 1st misses, prayers to Mary, 12 men, etc. And by that standard, there is one team that stands out. 

Fantasy Pros
1) Bills

2) Lions

3) Browns

4) Bengals

5) Jets

6) Vikings

7) Cardinals

8) Washington

9) Dolphins

10) Falcons

Yahoo
1) Giants 
2) Jets
3) Skins (WTF?)
4) Falcons
5) Lions
6) Bengals
7) 49ers (WTF? Is this person 12?)
8) Vikings 
9) Packers (11?)
10) Raiders

I'd put us in top 5...

Long time Browns fans are thee most abused. 
So many heartbreakers in the 80's. Then lose their team altogether. Followed by some of the most awful football ever played when they finally get a new team. Yet they still have die hards.
 :'( 
Sorry Viking faithful. As bad as it's been for us, it's never been that bad. We have suffered more then the Bengals since they hardly seem to care. Ny Jets the same. Worse the Jets seem to enjoy being miserable.

Lions have very few fan's I'd call die hard. To those who are I feel their pain. Miserable franchise with awful old money ownership. I don't see things getting better unless it in spite of ownership.

Bills were terrible for decades. Then almost great then awful again. Their most famous player in a double murderer. Need I say more.

Arizona like Florida is a very transient state. Most there don't care about that team. If not for the visiting fans packing their stadium it would be empty. Hard to feel bad for them.

Brown's #1
Bill's, Lion's and Vikings all have a good argument for 2nd place. We as you say haven't been historically bad. Just Charlie Brown'd to death. That's our torment. Just remember, those that are old enough to. This was the Browns too once. Before the went all historically rotten on top of it. 

Finally
Yahoo...wtf? Bunch of yahoo's pretending then know something. Sorry your list sux.
That's all I got to say about that.