Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things Getting Ugly In Washington
[Image: Washington%20Redskins.png]
106.7 The Fan reports that holdout Redskins LT Trent Williams is "telling friends he's prepared to sit out the season."Reporter Craig Hoffman also confirms that Williams requested a trade in June. Per Hoffman, the Redskins are "confused" by Williams' demands. He has reportedly "not demanded specific changes on the medical staff" and has been "silent in attempts to negotiate a new contract." It seems what Williams wants most of all is to get out of Washington. There has been zero indication the Redskins are considering accommodating him.
SOURCE: 106.7 The Fan

[Image: Washington%20Redskins.png]
Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reports holdout LT Trent Williams "doesn't care" about the Redskins' fines threat.The Redskins' galaxy brain idea to get Williams to report is apparently to enforce their ability to fine him $40,000 per day. Camp fines are a completely impotent bargaining tactic, as all parties know the only real recourse is to forgive them once the player finally reports or is traded. It's surprising the Redskins took the time to leak it was their plan. Washington needs a real general manager.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

He's got a big grudge and I think he's serious about holding out all year. The Redskins won't just give him away, however. Will be interesting to keep an eye on.

Who here would be po'd giving-up a high draft pick and decent player for this caliber LT??? 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Who here would be po'd giving-up a high draft pick and decent player for this caliber LT??? 
I'd give a non-first round pick and a player for this guy for sure. Just not sure how it would impact the chemistry on the line/team either getting rid of or benching Reiff at this point of the year. I think its just wishful thinking that this guy could be a Viking.  :/

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
He's 31, makes 12M per, and he's willing to sit out the season, meaning the Redskins have almost zero leverage. So I doubt they could get a 1st or 2nd. Somebody's going to get a hell of a player for a middle round pick. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
He's 31, makes 12M per, and he's willing to sit out the season, meaning the Redskins have almost zero leverage. So I doubt they could get a 1st or 2nd. Somebody's going to get a hell of a player for a middle round pick. 
they will have plenty of leverage once they put the word out that they are looking to move him.   I have to think there will be a bidding war for a player of his caliber at the 2nd most important position on the field.

I would offer Reiff and a pick for him. And try to sign him to a 4 year deal 

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
I would have an agreement in place with his agent before making the trade otherwise a year from now we have no 2nd round pick and no Reilly Reiff.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
I would have an agreement in place with his agent before making the trade otherwise a year from now we have no 2nd round pick and no Reilly Reiff.
Agreed. But would have to have the parameters of the trade set first to have the Redskins allow you to talk with him and his agent   Otherwise it would fall under tampering I believe. And Goodell would probably take away our second pick anyway. Hahaha