Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Vikings guard Mike Harris back in the game
Three years after a congenital brain condition ended his playing career, Mike Harris will be back on an NFL field.
Harris, who started all 16 games at right guard for the Vikings in his final season of 2015, recently was named an NFL uniform inspector for Minnesota home games.

“I’m just excited,” Harris said. “I’m officially on the NFL payroll again, which feels good.”
Harris will inspect the uniforms of visiting teams at U.S. Bank Stadium, and radio analyst Greg Coleman will continue to be the inspector of the Vikings. The job entails writing down names of players who might be violating NFL uniform and equipment rules.
Players are warned at halftime of possible violations; if uncorrected, they are reported to the NFL for possible fines.
Harris, 30, replaces former Minnesota defensive back John Swain, who retired from the position. Harris has been training for his new role with Coleman this week at training camp and he will have a dress rehearsal Saturday night when the Vikings are in full uniform for a night practice at TCO Performance Center.
“It gives me a chance to be close to the game,” Harris said. “It’s going to open up doors and opportunities. This is where I want to be involved, in sports and in the NFL.”
In June 2016, Harris suffered an episode during organized team activities that he told the Pioneer Press in 2017 “felt like … a stroke.” Tests conducted by the Mayo Clinic in Rochester determined Harris had a congenital condition known as brain arteriovenous malformation. He retired in 2017.
Harris said he feels fine now and recently became offensive line coach at Macalester College.
https://www.twincities.com/2019/07/31/ex...ngs-games/

Glad to see Mike physically well and getting back into the League.

I too had an AVM that was diagnosed by the Mayo Clinic back in 08. They surgically obliterated it (their words). Glad we found it - before it became a Brain Aneurysm - which is 95% fatal.