Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tate 4 game suspension

Tate immediately reported himself. The blown test was caused by a fertility drug. Hopefully these things will be taken into account. 

If he is telling the truth, this is an offensive invasion of his privacy by an inflexible, greedy league. 

If there is a legitimate case then I would definitely support him. He was upfront about it.

There does seem to be a need for more than zero tolerance on this one. 

Only thing I can find fault with Tate on is not understanding if the prescribed medication had a banned substance contained before starting treatment with it. 

That's part of the problem. If I remember correctly, there's over 1,600 banned substances...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
That's part of the problem. If I remember correctly, there's over 1,600 banned substances...
Which is just plain crazy...But also the rules you're bound by for the privilege of making a butt-load of $$$ before 35. 

I'm not as down on Tate as this is probably coming across, but he's gotta play it smarter when there is that much on the line. 

Maybe I'll be in the minority with this perspective? I think so after listening to sports radio today. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Which is just plain crazy...But also the rules you're bound by for the privilege of making a butt-load of $$$ before 35. 

I'm not as down on Tate as this is probably coming across, but he's gotta play it smarter when there is that much on the line. 

Maybe I'll be in the minority with this perspective? I think so after listening to sports radio today. 

I think I remember with the Williams brothers, the line was it was up to the players to know what they were putting in their body.
And yes, that is a crazy amount of stuff to keep track of.  But then again, they could pay their doc to check into it.

Iirc the league has a hotline or something similar set up for the players to call and get clearance prior to starting new stuff.  Sucks for him,  but it's not like there isnt a process and he's been in the league long enough to know how it works.

Hey Shurmur, may we offer some assistance, in the form of a Treadwell trade?  Wink B)