Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings ESPN beat writer: 'Vikings will move on from Treadwell after TC'

To me, regardless of Treadwell's dead cap hit, you have to move on from him with the talent influx of guys like Beebe, Taylor and Bisi Johnson/Badet. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
To me, regardless of Treadwell's dead cap hit, you have to move on from him with the talent influx of guys like Beebe, Taylor and Bisi Johnson/Badet. 
I think just the fact that the Vikings added so MANY receivers in the offseason is proof that Treadwell is likely gone. Even if he is, say, 5th or 6th best receiver on the team, you have to consider upside into the decision as well. And he has none. 

If the decision is made. .why take him to camp at all?

Not that I'm against it. She is just projecting here. Did I miss a source in this article? She says they move on. I didn't see sources say they move on from.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Not that I'm against it. She is just projecting here. Did I miss a source in this article? She says they move on. I didn't see sources say they move on from.
Nope, just her prediction. Nothing more. 

Did any of the 1st round WR's do well from that class? I recall reading something about what a bust it's been in rd 1?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Did any of the 1st round WR's do well from that class? I recall reading something about what a bust it's been in rd 1?
Kinda like the year of the QB when ponder was drafted. 

Nope...Will Fuller is contributing and got his option year, but he's been a big disappointment. The rest (Coleman, Doctson, Treadwell) have been flat out busts. All three of the receivers taken in the 2nd round (Shepherd, Boyd and Thomas) have been far and away the better receivers. 

That year?? I don't think so.
I do know none we've drafted 1st in the last 20 years seen a 2nd contract with us. That's pretty sad.