Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How The Eagles Took Advantage of Harrison Smith
Maybe not the must fun video to watch (as a Viking fan when it was to be our year) but it talks about the Eagles taking advantage of Harry.  If you aren't interested in the whole thing watch beginning at the 17:46 mark.
If your just interested in an successful season where a lot of things go right for a team (coaching, plays, replacement players) it is an interesting video.  Even the trick play against the Patriots and how you have to keep the foot on the gas.

Where's that Genital Cheese Grater Barrnone was referencing in another thread???

Quote:  @purplefaithful said:
Where's that Genital Cheese Grater Barrnone was referencing in another thread???

That comes later.
 [Image: th?id=OIP.VlJR2Wa5N0Lmzn5LjswI8gHaFi&w=2....4&pid=1.7]

Genital Cheese Grater ™

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
Maybe not the must fun video to watch (as a Viking fan when it was to be our year) but it talks about the Eagles taking advantage of Harry.  If you aren't interested in the whole thing watch beginning at the 17:46 mark.
If your just interested in an successful season where a lot of things go right for a team (coaching, plays, replacement players) it is an interesting video.  Even the trick play against the Patriots and how you have to keep the foot on the gas.

I am actually interested in watching that.  I am sure Zim has looked at many similar cutups. 

One thing to note, our defensive plan was built to stop the short passing game, the RPOs that Foles had been running.  But Philly had used the bye week to reinvent their offense and include plays that Foles was more comfortable with, things he had been successful with a few years before under Chip. So our plan was flawed because we did not know what was coming.  This playoff reinvention was a genius move by Pederson, but really there was no way for us to be prepared for it. 

So our plan was to limit the short stuff and for the first drive we did.  I believe it was a 3 and out.  But after Case threw the pick 6, the game turned.  Once in control (and perhaps the players feeling destiny's favor at their backs) and now suddenly the emotions changed.  And Pederson, being a good coach sensed that and dialed up some high risk, high reward plays.  They did double moves and went deep, something Foles hadn't done at all since taking over for Wentz.  You can imagine why our DBs got burned, they were focused on the short game, taking away the quick passes.  So yes, they bit hard on the double move and looked awful.  And once the momentum took a full swing to the Philly side and we fumbled again, their offense opened up and took even more chances.  Our D was left to hang in the wind by the offense grinding to a halt.

So I will watch, but with a dose of salt nearby.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Genital Cheese Grater ™
Really need a comma after genital. Otherwise, You're never going to look at cheese the same way again.

Quote: @greediron said:
@ThunderGod said:

I am actually interested in watching that.  I am sure Zim has looked at many similar cutups. 

One thing to note, our defensive plan was built to stop the short passing game, the RPOs that Foles had been running.  But Philly had used the bye week to reinvent their offense and include plays that Foles was more comfortable with, things he had been successful with a few years before under Chip. So our plan was flawed because we did not know what was coming.  This playoff reinvention was a genius move by Pederson, but really there was no way for us to be prepared for it. 

So our plan was to limit the short stuff and for the first drive we did.  I believe it was a 3 and out.  But after Case threw the pick 6, the game turned.  Once in control (and perhaps the players feeling destiny's favor at their backs) and now suddenly the emotions changed.  And Pederson, being a good coach sensed that and dialed up some high risk, high reward plays.  They did double moves and went deep, something Foles hadn't done at all since taking over for Wentz.  You can imagine why our DBs got burned, they were focused on the short game, taking away the quick passes.  So yes, they bit hard on the double move and looked awful.  And once the momentum took a full swing to the Philly side and we fumbled again, their offense opened up and took even more chances.  Our D was left to hang in the wind by the offense grinding to a halt.

So I will watch, but with a dose of salt nearby.

From what I saw in the video (and game) you nailed it.  We must not adjusted either our offense or defense and kept reeling from what the Eagles were doing.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:

From what I saw in the video (and game) you nailed it.  We must not adjusted either our offense or defense and kept reeling from what the Eagles were doing.
Perhaps with the emotions of the Minneapolis Miracle and the sudden swing in momentum, perhaps once that pick 6 happened, it may have been too late.

At 20:39, it wasn't Harrison Smith that got beat, but Waynes.  Smith read the flea-flicker right away, but Waynes relaxed when his guy stopped.