Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latavius Murray "This is my time"
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...s-my-time/

Honestly, he's almost an afterthought as he recovers from injury...

I think he may have forgot about Dalvin Cook....

I know people like the long ball, but for me.......pound the rock and chew the clock.
Keep your defense fresh

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
I know people like the long ball, but for me.......pound the rock and chew the clock.
Keep your defense fresh
there is nothing more demoralizing than playing against a team that just shoves the ball down your throat.  giving up 5 to 10 yards per play,  not getting off the field, series after series... it just kills you,  both mentally and physically.  it doesnt have to be just runs... just having that machine pound on your defense play after play is a gut punch way worse than a lucky deep ball.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Keep your defense fresh
I agree. I think Cook will get early season carries that will probaby increase each game, but at this point I would be surprised if Murray isn't the starter when the season begins based on his experience. 

Quote: @BStads said:
@Vanguard83 said:
Keep your defense fresh
I agree. I think Cook will get early season carries that will probaby increase each game, but at this point I would be surprised if Murray isn't the starter when the season begins based on his experience. 

I am just not sure how long you can keep Cook without the ball in his hands though. He is a lightning rod at any time he touches the ball

I like Murrays competitiveness, but this article made it sound more contentious. Least that was my take. They'll definitely be a role for LM on this team this season. Whether or not (or for how long) thats RB1 we'll just wait and see. 

Quote: @Canthony said:
@BStads said:
@Vanguard83 said:
Keep your defense fresh

I am just not sure how long you can keep Cook without the ball in his hands though. He is a lightning rod at any time he touches the ball
I'm just not convinced the coaching staff will start him right away and may prefer a more experienced RB initially.  However, I'm sure the carries he gets in games will eventually cause the staff to use him in a greater role.

@Canthony said:
@BStads said:
@Vanguard83 said:
Keep your defense fresh

I'm just not convinced the coaching staff will start him right away and may prefer a more experienced RB initially.  However, I'm sure the carries he gets in games will eventually cause the staff to use him in a greater role.
I'm starting to think this is the case...big problem is Murray has missed the entire off-season to date...between Cook' s ability and his jump start in the offense, that might be enough to overcome Zimmer's reluctance to start rookies...going to be fun to watch...

@Canthony said:
@BStads said:
@Vanguard83 said:
Keep your defense fresh

I think Cook can be a spark in any game. I find it hard to think about that they would start Murray over him with Murray being hurt and hasn't taken any reps as of yet.