Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kubiak adjusting to life back on the sidelines
On most days, Kubiak can be seen either standing behind the offense during team drills, or working closely with the quarterbacks during individual drills. He alternates between being hands on and hands off in his coaching style, though he makes sure his voice is always heard.
“He stands right behind the quarterbacks on every play,” Kirk Cousins said. “We can hear his voice as we’re dropping back.”
As soon as the play is over, if Kubiak sees something he doesn’t like, he’ll pose it to them as a question to his signal callers.
“He would say something like, ‘What’s the footwork there?’ ” Cousins said. “Instead of giving us the answer, he’ll make us process it, and I think that’s a great style of coaching. I’m excited about our leadership in the offensive room.”
It’s been a collaborative effort over the past few months, though Kubiak has faded to the back more often than not, allowing Stefanski to serve as main voice in most of the meetings.
“I’m just in there watching him teach,” Kubiak said. “He’s doing things I’ve done for a long, long time. I remember Mike Shanahan used to sit in his office and watch me teach. I remember those days. In a lot of ways I’m sitting in there watching Kevin teach every day. I’ve really enjoyed it. I’m impressed with his work ethic and his passion and his ability to reach people in a lot of different ways.”
In addition to helping Stefanski on the offensive side of the ball, Kubiak has been a sounding board for Zimmer whenever he needs it.
https://www.twincities.com/2019/06/13/no...sidelines/

No matter what the result is, this can be nothing but good. What that means for wins and losses, not sure. It makes me wish we drafted a QB to learn under the new offensive staff. 

If this new offensive line group can be healthy and just slightly above average, this might turn out to be a really difficult offense to gameplan against for opponents. I think a confident Kirk Cousins could have a huge year. And if the Vikings can score points early and with a strong run game, Zimmer is going to release the hounds on D and they can hunt being in this same system so long. 

I'm starting to get a vibe of 'I think we are on to something here' with the staff and organization. Might be pretty good. Might. 

I agree about starting to get a Vibe on this coaching staff.  My feeling about last year was the there was too much turbulence, with coach Sporano, new QB and shiny new OC with a lot of high expectations, Everson's drama and I also believe they lost a lot of leadership with B Robs departure.  I hope that last years tribulations, matured and toughened the "team", you know, what doesn't kill you makes you tougher kinda thing.  We'll, see I'm just an optimistic old school fan.

I'm just glad that there are decent reasons for optimism. I wasn't sure at all heading out of last season and honestly, I'm still not 100 percent sure but you can easily take a positive spin if you're inclined. As always, we'll see come September. Tough game right out of the game against Atlanta. The concern is how much can they really optimize offensively in Year 1?

Sounds like a great mentoring opportunity for coach Stefanski, and it's working well too.  I still will need to see it to believe it.  If the Bears stay at the level of play as last season, or improve, the Vikes won't have anything given to them.  The way the Bears kicked their a$$e$ twice; I'm still not convinced the Vikes are ready to contend for the North crown.

I do agree they needed changes on offense, and I do agree there's reasons for optimism, like Sticky mentioned.

Skol Vikes!

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Sounds like a great mentoring opportunity for coach Stefanski, and it's working well too.  I still will need to see it to believe it.  If the Bears stay at the level of play as last season, or improve, the Vikes won't have anything given to them.  The way the Bears kicked their a$$e$ twice; I'm still not convinced the Vikes are ready to contend for the North crown.

I do agree they needed changes on offense, and I do agree there's reasons for optimism, like Sticky mentioned.

Skol Vikes!
i think this is ideal for KS,  if the media wants to shove the mic in front of Kubiak that allows KS to learn his new job,  build his new offense,  and not have the distraction of the media dumb asses.  IMO it could be bad if KS and the Kubiaks didnt have a great pre-existing relationship.   I dont think there will be any jealousy with this group.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I'm just glad that there are decent reasons for optimism. I wasn't sure at all heading out of last season and honestly, I'm still not 100 percent sure but you can easily take a positive spin if you're inclined. As always, we'll see come September. Tough game right out of the game against Atlanta. The concern is how much can they really optimize offensively in Year 1?
That is the big question IMO.  I am all in (as usual) but changing systems always has a learning curve.  Hopefully with Stef running the show at the end of the year, there will be less of a curve.  And my hope is that the offense grows and gels in the early part of the year while the defense carries the load.  Then as the offense gets rolling, we will hit our stride as the playoffs start.