Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: On-Line Groceries
Who's made the switch? Home delivery too?

I order for my mom when she is sick. It is pretty amazing actually.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
My dad is 85 and still in pretty good shape for his age (knock wood)...But we're thinking of getting him hooked-up with one of the local grocers for delivery, especially this winter. 

It's great for older folks. My mom has her food delivered.  Her diet is easy to make basic food for one person. I need to pick and choose to feed us. Which fish filets, cuts of meat...ect.  I do the grocery shopping and going there doesn't inconvenience me much. Besides how could I sample the deli meat and cheese from home. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Vikergirl said:
My dad is 85 and still in pretty good shape for his age (knock wood)...But we're thinking of getting him hooked-up with one of the local grocers for delivery, especially this winter. 
Mom is doing well. I just ordered for her when she was sick and when it was too snowy out. It's nice because I can order from the computer or phone and they just deliver to her. She likes Hy-Vee so that's who I set her up with. 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
It's great for older folks. My mom has her food delivered.  Her diet is easy to make basic food for one person. I need to pick and choose to feed us. Which fish filets, cuts of meat...ect.  I do the grocery shopping and going there doesn't inconvenience me much. Besides how could I sample the deli meat and cheese from home. 
That sounds like a Publix or Kroger shopper...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@suncoastvike said:
Publix has a decent deli and their subs are to DIE for. So good. My wife and I get one often to split and take to the beach. There are several home delivery services out there, its just I'm not ready to pay for that convenience especially considering my wife and I both work from home and can easily go grocery shopping almost any time during the day. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@suncoastvike said:
Publix has a decent deli and their subs are to DIE for. So good. My wife and I get one often to split and take to the beach. There are several home delivery services out there, its just I'm not ready to pay for that convenience especially considering my wife and I both work from home and can easily go grocery shopping almost any time during the day. 
Yep I'm a Publix shopper. The best deli. Good meat dept. Don't forget the BOGO's.

we’re the other side. 90% aldi. they are the cheapest option for us. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
we’re the other side. 90% aldi. they are the cheapest option for us. 
Aldi's is a great source for can goods, cereal and frozen stuff. I wish there was one more convenient to me. The only one is on the ride home from work. I have to get off the highway make a u-turn then after do it again to get home. I never feel like it after work. My wife does do the Aldi's shopping thing. She does get off much cheaper then me.