Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robison & Hutchison Recall Vivid Moments at Vikings Museum - Good Read
“When I try to explain it to people, it was pure pandemonium. It was shock,” Robison said, reliving the moment. “I hear people talk about it all the time, ‘I didn’t know it was real.’ You did not know if it was real. The first thing is, you look back to make sure there’s no flags because you’re like, ‘No way it’s going to end that way.’ And then you look back, and there’s no flags and then you look at the scoreboard and start looking around, ‘This just happened,’ so it’s kind of hard to explain, but straight pandemonium is the only way I can explain it.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/robison-hut...ngs-museum

I found this interesting - and it adds credence to all the fans who wanted an outdoor stadium to be built (this is Robison talking about playing the two years at Gopher stadium):

“We embraced [playing outside], and then it was like, ‘Hell yeah. You’ve got to come to us. Good luck.’ I remember when we played Carolina there (a 31-13 win in November 2014). Just seeing the look on some of their faces, like, ‘I just want to go back home.’ For us, it was like, ‘Welcome to our world.’ ”

Personally, I wanted them to build an outdoor stadium for this reason - a HUGE home field advantage. Something about playing outdoors in MN seems to be far more extreme than playing outdoors in any other outdoor stadium in the NFL. The cold is just, well, colder!

It was a great read - and some day I hope to visit the museum.