Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Then Ask Another Question

Whose turn is it to post the Troy Williamson stats?

Troy was a bust and a disappointment. However he had some stats.
Treadwell went a whole year without any and very few after. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a 1st round WR with so few stats that wasn't always injured. They forced the ball to Troy. They didn't try much with Treadwell. That should say alot.

The team had Diggs and Theilen emerging,  no reason to force things to treadwell,  not to mention a shit oline that never gave any QB a reason to think that he could get to his 3rd or 4th read really limits any wr3s opportunities.

You'd think a team with the likes of Diggs and Theilen would have created a few opportunities for the #3. Having time to find a 3rd option with our Oline is a legitimate point. Treadwell just never fit or developed past what he is. I believe him to be a waste of a roster spot now. 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Treadwell went a whole year without any and very few after. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a 1st round WR with so few stats that wasn't always injured. They forced the ball to Troy. They didn't try much with Treadwell. That should say alot.
Stats don't really tell you anything....Every one of those 1st round WRs has been either a flat out bust (Treadwell, Doctson and Coleman) or hasn't yet played like a 1st rounder (Fuller). Interestingly, the three taken in the 2nd round (Thomas, Shepherd and Boyd) have been much better receivers. The 2016 1st round class is a parade of busts. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
Stats don't really tell you anything....Every one of those 1st round WRs has been either a flat out bust (Treadwell, Doctson and Coleman) or hasn't yet played like a 1st rounder (Fuller). Interestingly, the three taken in the 2nd round (Thomas, Shepherd and Boyd) have been much better receivers. The 2016 1st round class is a parade of busts. 
I agree.
Treadwell, this is only my opinion, never really faced the kind of pressure normally associated with a 1st rounder. He certainly wasn't drafted too high and expected to make us forget Moss. We thought we needed a WR. We didn't. Any of those others wouldn't have made a difference either. We got our #1 and 2. 

Treadwell's lack of production and ability as a NFL player was seriously mitigated by the play of Diggs and Thielen. Many times, when a team swings and misses on 1st round WRs, its glaring because they never get the production from the other WRs on the team so its very conspicuous. In Minnesota, its almost like 'so what?' because they have a great combo with a 5th rounder and an UDFA. Its just his ugly salary cap number that is the most important thing about Treadwell now.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
 Treadwell's lack of production and ability as a NFL player was seriously mitigated by the play of Diggs and Thielen. Many times, when a team swings and misses on 1st round WRs, its glaring because they never get the production from the other WRs on the team so its very conspicuous. In Minnesota, its almost like 'so what?' because they have a great combo with a 5th rounder and an UDFA. Its just his ugly salary cap number that is the most important thing about Treadwell now.
It no longer being talked about how we can get more out of him from the fans. Now days it's how can we get out from him. 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
 We thought we needed a WR. We didn't. 
Only in hindsight though. Receiver was high on our list that year because we did not expect (nor should we have expected) that our 5th rounder and local-tryout player were going to turn out so well.