Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spielman Comes In As Roto's 7th Best GM

...puts on waders... cuz it's about to get deep in here.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]

I'd put him in the top 5. 

look out—I see a storm brewing in New Jersey.

Batten down the hatches---gonna be a real noreastern

Ok I will bite). I think he has done a good job overall, but the lack of postseason success would put him in the 12-15 range.

Quote: @kmillard said:
Ok I will bite). I think he has done a good job overall, but the lack of postseason success would put him in the 12-15 range.
This would be my take too...Too few post-season wins, bare trophy cupboard.

I'm way beyond winning the North providing me much satisfaction. 

Now the Wilfs? As an ownership group what they've done is pretty fantastic...

For what it's worth. 7 is my lucky number.

Quote: @kmillard said:
I think it's possible to evaluate players, coaches, employees, presidents, etc without using metrics that involve hundreds of other contributing factors. If Zimmer doesn't get out-coached in Philly and Zimmer wins a Super Bowl does that make Spielman a better GM? Not in my opinion. Not as much as, say, hitting on players like TJ Clemmings and Willie Beavers would have, for example. 

Is Eli Manning a better QB than Dan Marino because he won two Super Bowls compared to Marino's zero? No. There is literally no one who would make that argument. Was Jerry Rice a better receiver than Randy Moss because of his wins? No. He just wasn't. Context. Contributing factors. 

Likewise, I think you can evaluate GMs separate from wins and losses. No Super Bowl victory would turn Alex Boone into a good acquisition. No off year is going to turn Xavier Rhodes into a bad acquisition. And based on a balance of hits and misses over the years, he fares pretty well IMO.