Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Todd Steussie’s Memory of a Camp Prank Gone Wrong

[Image: steussie.jpg?fit=650%2C320&ssl=1]Todd Steussie’s Memory of a Camp Prank Gone Wrong
As the days of Mankato training camp come to final close in Viking history, former Pro Bowl Left Tackl Todd Steussie recalls a moment he will never forget. “When I was a rookie, I had two oth…

Read the full story here

Worth the read - Todd called us from his road trip back from California with his son. Say what you will about Todd Steussie and his false starts, there has not been a solid left tackle since he left (McKinnie was way too inconsistent).

He is a very bright guy, who runs his own healthcare business. He will offer his time to help us whenever, and his wife follows us as a continued diehard fan, as her best NFL memories are in Minnesota.

Sad side note - His wife Erica informed us that they had a flood, and all of Todd's footballs from his Viking playing days had been damaged by water. We hooked him up with the Vikings, who are working to get him replacement game balls. So, hopefully, a happy ending.

I always like Todd,  yes false starts are frustrating,  but after how many years of seeing our LTs be a half step late off the ball.... I will take the occasional jump by a T....now if a C or G is jumping,  that really pisses me off.  

Great to hear about the team stepping up and helping them replace their memorabilia.  

as far as the camp story.... I wish I could have seen his face when he realized what happened.  or the owners bewilderment at the fd up car and the wad of cash inside.

That sounds like something Jimmy would to Lochstar or Papa....  

Quote: @"Viking Bob" said:
That sounds like something Jimmy would to Lochstar or Papa....  
not likely that I would even try,  Papas rig  is usually so loaded down with stuff when I see it that there is no way I would try and lift that thing,  and Lochs nessie is even bigger and twice as loaded down... and I am not sure how well that bumper is attached anymore so.... I am going to pass this time... now PFaithfuls little car... i would bench press that sucker.  =)