Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian Robison's Full Retirement News Conference

Thanks TG for posting this.  It was so great to watch this PC.  Much more than most farewells, we got a real glimpse into the mind and heart of a superlative football player.  His confidence in his ability and his desire to constantly improve on that.  We saw his obvious love and respect for his teammates and coaches but the moment that really got me was the way he honored his next door neighbors.  His genuine feeling for them was so moving and did him proud.  

And this is a guy who PREPARES!  Not just for games but for farewell speeches. The 9 qualities of a Viking???  well done Brian.  And well done Jimmy Robison too—he’s a good man. So glad he played his whole career here.  I couldn’t be prouder to say he was a Viking.

ps—loved the impression of his Jr. High coach too!  priceless.

Thank you, Ca.

That Texas boy did good. I'm sure Pops is extremely proud.

Quality guy, quality player...

Wish him and family the very best! 

He missed 3 games in 11 years. That's phenomenal. BRob is such a great leader, teammate and all around good guy. His leadership was the glue that helped the team come together. I have so many amazing memories of him in games and on the sidelines. Memories at camp of him mentoring the young guys. I loved when he was running down the sidelines with Diggs and the big hug afterwards. I love how hardworking and humble he is. He is so funny and has a massive heart and he showed his passion for the game and for life. I am so happy he is living his best life and enjoying himself. I love how many non Vikings fans watch 96 Questions and wish they had him on their team. Nope, he is forever a Viking. You have done good BRob and made us proud. Thank you. I wish you and yours nothing but love. That speech was all Brian. All heart, grit, love, loyalty, humor and gratitude. From you're playing varsity, heck yeah I'll be your nose tackle to appreciating the love and sacrifice of his parents and where they push you to the brink where you are about to break down and then they lift you up, it was incredibly moving. Yeah I cried. He put his all into like he does everything else. He was absolutely right about 2009 and 2017. I am so glad that he got to tell his story.

Great guy and better story. Sadly should have had a happier ending.
I never believed as hard as I did in 2017 that it was our time. That would have been a great long boat sailing into the horizon moment. Should have been. 
Thanks all the same BRob.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
I never believed as hard as I did in 2017 that it was our time. 
Fool me once...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@suncoastvike said:
I never believed as hard as I did in 2017 that it was our time. 
Fool me once...
To me it's foolish not to believe. If you really don't believe in a relationship its foolish to stay in it. I'm fooled often and still believe. 
Just a sucker for a happy ending.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Great guy and better story. Sadly should have had a happier ending.
I never believed as hard as I did in 2017 that it was our time. That would have been a great long boat sailing into the horizon moment. Should have been. 
Thanks all the same BRob.
I was thinking of his comments about the locker room dynamic. They were so unified.