Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings decline 5th year option
Just saw on NFL.com they did not puck upTreadwells option.  No surprise their. 

Yeah, ol' Tready is like Troy Williamson...minus the speed.

I dunno if I'll ever say anything worse about a Vikings receiver.

Actually declined? Now there is some news...

That 1st round WR class has be hot garbage...oh, if we had Thomas!

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
That 1st round WR class has be hot garbage...oh, if we had Thomas!
Yeah, Corey Coleman has been the biggest bust of them all (and he was the first one off the board).  Fuller can't stay healthy with that skinny frame and Doctson has had his own share of injuries and inconsistencies.

I would say all four of the WRs taken in the first round that year have been busts.  I honestly didn't think Treadwell would be one, but here we are.

I wonder if treadwell has ever been invited to and attended LFjs reciever camp.  That paid dividends in the past for a few guys,  might do Treadwell some good.  I dont think he will ever be a pro bowler,  but I dont think we have seen his ceiling yet either. 

Is there a snap count statistic available somewhere? Slightly curious where that number is at...

So what did the kid in?

Lack of speed/separation due to the injury?

Then his confidence and will to succeed probably declined over time. That's a lot of pressure and spotlight for someone in their young 20's. 

He looked like a man among boys in college and before that leg injury. 

What a shame. Hate to see someone flame-out. One last chance here in MN, we'll see if he makes the final 53 in September. That's far from a sure thing. 

If he ran every route wrong, does he make too much for it to matter?

I dont really get it either. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
So what did the kid in?

Lack of speed/separation due to the injury?

Then his confidence and will to succeed probably declined over time. That's a lot of pressure and spotlight for someone in their young 20's. 

He looked like a man among boys in college and before that leg injury. 

What a shame. Hate to see someone flame-out. One last chance here in MN, we'll see if he makes the final 53 in September. That's far from a sure thing. 
I think he must have lost explosiveness with the leg injury. A lot of younger fans just trust that players who get injured will have surgery, do rehab, and come back with 100% of their former ability. Adrian Peterson did, true. But 20+ years ago, most players were badly diminished after surgical repair.