Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings final pick may not even play until 2021

We're fucked.

Some odd picks this year.

He will have fresh legs.

Tomasson’s on it like usual... B) Read the last paragraph below! 
Pick No. 250: Air Force LS Austin Cutting
Cutting told Twin Cities media members that he is “thrilled” to be drafted by the Vikings and that it’s a dream come true to make it to the NFL. He did explain, however, that the Air Force has a “duty policy” in place.
“We have to serve 24 months before we can apply to have the remainder of our commitment served in the Reserve,” Cutting said. “That’s all I can really say about that; those are decisions made above my paygrade.”
Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman spoke with media members following the conclusion of the draft Saturday evening and confirmed that he is aware of the unique situation.
start here: Smile
“Just so everybody understands, we’ve been in constant communication with the Air Force Academy,” Spielman said. “What I can tell you is I know Austin is very excited and obligated to serve his commitment. I know talking with the people at the Academy, we’re working through right now ways that he can serve his commitment but also be able to serve his capacity here as a football player. So that’s a work in progress. It’s something that we have discussed over the past week or so.”
https://www.vikings.com/news/7th-round-summary-vikings-address-all-3-phases-with-final-4-picks

That's Spielspeak for "oops"

I know it's 7th round so whatever but... seriously?

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
I know it's 7th round so whatever but... seriously?
Cmon Palpatine, he only moved down 20 spots in the THIRD round to get this throw away 7th....