Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFT Second Round Prediction
Interesting if the 2nd round fell this way. It would certainly make it easier to trade Waynes for a 2nd, but I would like that pick for this draft and not next year. Risner falling to 51 would be a surprise. Not sure I could pass him up with his versatility, but Rock Ya Sin is someone I would not of expected to be there with our second. 50 might be a little early for Sternberger, but we desperately need a TE to start grooming as a Rudy replacement and I don't think he will last until Round 3. NFL.com has he and Warring going after our pick in the 2nd so if we covet one of those two we may not have a choice but to grab one at 50, or make a Waynes Trade to get another 2nd. 

33. Cardinals: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida.
34. Colts: A.J. Brown, WR, Mississippi.
35. Raiders: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri.
36. 49ers: Cody Ford, OL, Oklahoma.
37. Seahawks: Greedy Williams, CB, LSU.
38. Jaguars: Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, Louisiana Tech.
39. Buccaneers: Byron Murphy, CB, Washington.
40. Bills: Erik McCoy, OG, Texas A&M.
41. Broncos: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Mississippi.
42. Bengals: Irv Smith, TE, Alabama.
43. Lions: Greg Little, OT, Mississippi.
44. Packers: Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina.
45. Rams: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida.
46. Colts: Lonnie Johnson, CB, Kentucky.
47. Panthers: Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State.
48. Dolphins: Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama.
49. Browns: Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware.
50. Vikings: Rock Ya Sin, CB, Temple.
51. Titans: Dalton Risner, G, Kansas State.
52. Broncos: Will Grier, QB, West Virginia.
53. Eagles: Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida.
54. Texans: Elgton Jenkins, OL, Mississippi State.
55. Texans: Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt.
56. Patriots: Germaine Pratt, LB, North Carolina State
57. Eagles: Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston.
58. Cowboys: Damien Harris, RB, Alabama.
59. Colts: Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame.
60. Chargers: Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson.
61. Chiefs: Chase Winovich, EDGE, Michigan.
62. Saints: Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M.
63. Chiefs: Taylor Rapp, S, Washington.
64. Patriots: Hunter Renfrow, WR, Clemson.

Rock Ya Sin?

Ngo Phucin Hue

Isn't Rock Ya-Sin considered one of the top zone corners in the draft? Zimmer has experimented with mixing more zone concepts into his coverages, but I can't see him being a scheme fit. I'd also be pretty upset if we passed on Risner for a zone corner. If they really wanted a corner, which I don't, they've been linked heavily to Isaiah Johnson, but based on the players available I'd take either Risner or Sternberger at 50.

Quote: @Tyr said:
Isn't Rock Ya-Sin considered one of the top zone corners in the draft? Zimmer has experimented with mixing more zone concepts into his coverages, but I can't see him being a scheme fit. I'd also be pretty upset if we passed on Risner for a zone corner. If they really wanted a corner, which I don't, they've been linked heavily to Isaiah Johnson, but based on the players available I'd take either Risner or Sternberger at 50.
It'd be funny if we DID take a corner.  Well, kind of.  As for Risner, the more I read about him, the more I read that he's more of a guard (especially for only being 6'4").  While I would fully applaud the added depth- that's all he'd really be this year: depth.  Now, looking ahead to NEXT year (I think Kline is- pretty much- guaranteed to start this year), I suppose it could be that he would take over at RG... and we'd have the youngest (baddest- in a good way) IOL in the league.  So, in reality, not a bad thing.  

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Rock Ya Sin?

Ngo Phucin Hue
Sin or swim rocks?

not much of a draftnik until the days of, but where are all the DTs?  Thought that position was seriously deep this year. 

Now I'd like to see a trade up to get a solid guard.  But wouldn't be shocked to see them grab one of the speedy WR's.

Quote: @greediron said:
not much of a draftnik until the days of, but where are all the DTs?  Thought that position was seriously deep this year. 
The DTs were deep early.  After Simmons the level dropped pretty far.

I think the only way we take a corner in the 2nd is if we trade Waynes, or have some sort of deal in place to trade him later. 

I'd be looking for DL, WR, TE or another OL.