Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott Studwell Retires -Very Emotional Spielman
Wow - Never seen Rick get this emotional. Scott - Thanks for everything you've done for the Vikings - a great player who will always be one of my all-time favorites, and a great scout for our team, and being a great role model. You'll will absolutely be missed!

https://www.vikings.com/video/scott-stud...retirement

Thanks Scott.
Nobody could ever question your love and loyalty to this team. 
Enjoy your next adventure in life.

My favorite Vikings player in those Wild '80's

I think of all our players over the decades that truly DESERVE to be SB champs, and it makes me sad.

When Scott played at the University of Illinois, he broke several of Dick Butkus' records. Scott was epitome of the middle linebacker position for the Vikings. 

What I remember most about Scott—watching him stare down the QB with his ice blue eyes and the way he knifed in to tackle a guy. He was awesome, truly our best #55 by a landslide. Sad to see him go, but totally understand his desire for more family time. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/nacholeber/status/11...12033?s=19
The raw intensity seen in his stare is something I'll always remember, the classic MLB stare of death! What a "stud"!

I remember interviewing him in the locker room at old mile high stadium in the mid 80''s. I was a young punk camera op for an ABC affiliate who won the job of covering the Broncos/Vikings preseason game the year Doleman came into the league. I was a kid in the candy store seeing my heroes up close, and (too personal) from the sidelines, and locker room for the first time. 

I remember asking Studwell for an interview, and he gave me the stare....Scared the shit out of me. The upside was that I was good friends with a buddy of his from high school that he played football with... He softened, but only slightly...Dude was intense....Will never forget it.

He played like a heat seeking missile back there

Loved his game and intensity

I also remember that he always seemed he had blood on his uniform. Always.