Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams a 3rd round center?
So Bob McGinn released his OL breakdowns today. It's paid content so I won't paste anything. Some very surprising stuff directly from infamous anonymous scouts. There's been some talk lately coming from GMs telling people on twitter all their mocks are wrong. Judging from this, there might be some truth in that. 

* Jonah Williams 3rd center behind Bradberry and McCoy. 
* Max Scharping 3rd guard ahead of Risner
* Tackles ranked Dillard, Taylor, McGary, Little, Howard, Edoga

The 14 personnel people were asked to rank in order their seven best offensive linemen regardless of position. A first-place vote was worth seven points, a second was worth six and so on.
Left tackle Andre Dillard led with 76 points (four first-place votes), and Cody Ford with 63 (three), Jawaan Taylor with 51 (three), Williams with 46 (three) and Garrett Bradbury with 40 (one) rounded out the top five.
Following, in order, were: Chris Lindstrom (33), Erik McCoy (23), Elgton Jenkins (15), Kaleb McGary (13), Greg Little (10), Max Scharping (eight), Michael Deiter (five), Tytus Howard (four), Nate Davis (two), Chuma Edoga (one), Mitch Hyatt (one) and Dalton Risner (one).
The scouts then were asked to name the player among the top 10 or 12 prospects with the best chance to bust.
Little was identified as the leading candidate to fail with 4 ½ votes, followed by Williams (three), Dillard (2 ½), Taylor (1 ½), Lindstrom (one), Risner (one) and Ford (one-half).

can anybody be trusted 1 week before the draft?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
can anybody be trusted 1 week before the draft?
No, but these comments from scouts are months old. Edit: I should clarify that. He releases a brief breakdown of scouts comments about players right around the time of the combine and many of the specific comments are the same ones you see in these updated versions released a week before the draft, so you know the majority of the opinions are at least two months old. Plus, like all draft opinion, there's a LOT of disagreement. Case in point, about Jonah Williams... 

"His best work is at the second level. That’s why I think he could be an elite center.” From Folsom, Calif. “He may not be the best left tackle but he’s the best offensive lineman,” said a third scout.

“I think he’s the most overrated guy in the draft,” said one personnel man. “Yet, you’ve got to put him in there. There’s no tackles this year. “Know what I think he is? I think he’s a damn center. He’s got a flat ass and he ain’t strong. You oughta see what Clemson did to him.”