Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viking Sign ex-Bronco WR Jordan Taylor
https://thevikingage.com/2019/04/13/repo...gn-taylor/

So...he missed last season due to hip surgeries.  Big guy, good end zone target, but here's what I find fascinating:

he's only received 29 passes for 351 yards and a couple of TDs.

That means...TREADWELL IS OFFICIALLY OBSOLETE!!!!

Yes, I'm a bad person.

It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!

Ex Bronco, Kubiak must see something...

we can only hope tready is finally admitted as a bust

Depth at WR is a problem. Teams figured out that they could scheme out both Thielen and Diggs and that the Vikings had no 3rd WR who could take advantage of those matchups. I'm not sure how much Taylor helps with this, but he's a big body who can also serve as a return man, so maybe he's at least better than Zylstra. I really want the Vikings to draft a WR in the 2nd-4th, so hopefully this signing doesn't change their plans at all.

Quote: @"Tyr" said:
Depth at WR is a problem. Teams figured out that they could scheme out both Thielen and Diggs and that the Vikings had no 3rd WR who could take advantage of those matchups. I'm not sure how much Taylor helps with this, but he's a big body who can also serve as a return man, so maybe he's at least better than Zylstra. I really want the Vikings to draft a WR in the 2nd-4th, so hopefully this signing doesn't change their plans at all.
Couldn't agree more. This draft is so thick at WR and TE in rounds 2-4, it would be a shame if we didn't tap into that.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Tyr" said:
Couldn't agree more. This draft is so thick at WR and TE in rounds 2-4, it would be a shame if we didn't tap into that.

Yep, when they scheme Diggs and Adam out a game changer TE could really take advantage. I love Rudy and he is productive just not game changing. Treadwell has had plenty of time to prove his value filling out the 3 WR set. He just doesn't get open enough. This will be his last chance with or without this new guy.

Remember the days of Aikman, Emmitt and Irvin?

Why could 3 players/positions dominate to such a degree back then and now defenses can cover Cousins/Diggs/Thielen/Cook seemingly easier? 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Remember the days of Aikman, Emmitt and Irvin?

Why could 3 players/positions dominate to such a degree back then and now defenses can cover Cousins/Diggs/Thielen/Cook seemingly easier? 
If they're doubling Diggs and Thielen we should be running the ball down their throat.

I agree that WR depth is a problem but drafting a WR to fill that void is not the anwer unless you get lucky like the Vikings did with Diggs.  It usually takes a couple years for things to click for WR’s once they are drafted.  That being said I hope they do draft one for the future and hope one of the young guys catch on this year or a guy like Taylor can fill the 3rd WR spot.