Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Thielen agrees to a 4 year 64 million extension!
per his agent

no details yet,  but with incentives it could be up to 73 million.

Thats a lot of cheddar for a receiver,  they must really be banking on a big jump in the cap coming.

Great for the Detroit Lakes kid!  Is Cousins restructuring to get this done?  B) 

I seriously don't understand how these guys can shuffle around the dollars the way they do.  But, I guess I really don't care all that much either, as long as it works. 

Thanks for the update, Jimmy!

Woohoo!

I am waiting for real numbers before saying much more.  Good for the kid,  but maybe not good for the team.  We will see.

What was his current cap hit?  Wonder if it gives them some relief for this year?
Good for him.  Glad he got paid.  Know it won't change him.

Lotta cash in that receiver room. I'm wondering if it might actually lower his cap number this year. 

I am super happy for him. He is fun to watch and a really good guy.

https://twitter.com/Purple_Post/status/1...40001?s=19

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Lotta cash in that receiver room. I'm wondering if it might actually lower his cap number this year. 
I would bet it gives the Vikings some cap relief this year or it wouldn't make much sense to do it now. 

He still had 2 years left on his deal so I'm assuming the trade off would be to lower his cap hit in 2019 (help the team), but give him some guaranteed money that pushes his current earnings more in line with his production.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
What was his current cap hit?  Wonder if it gives them some relief for this year?
Good for him.  Glad he got paid.  Know it won't change him.
his hit for this year was going to be 8.1 million.  i am assuming this new deal has a big signing bonus that moves some of that 8.1 into future years cap hits and give him the cash up front.  I dont really like when they do this crap as it just kicks the can down the road and affects the ability to manage that years cap situations.

and hey... we have a POPS sighting,  how ya doing Jimmy?

Didn't expect that this year...

Good for AT!