Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd tank right now for the next Randy Moss - and what about the XFL???
Good read on this kid...Closest thing I've seen to Moss since Moss. XFL is going to be very tempting for many kids.

Already a Pro Talent, Clemson Superstar Justyn Ross Willing to Wait for Payday
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828...ce=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

I don't know if he is the next Moss, but the kid is a stud. Clemson's Freshman-Freshman QB-WR combo looks pretty nice for the next 2 years. 

We didn't have to tank to get Randy. We just had to be at the right place at the right time. That kind of lucky you don't happen all the time.

[Image: 2fgmtmvbbplu.gif]
Hold on to your butts... !  Wink B)  

I can't wait to hear how a young player wanting to get paid in the XFL is a character flaw.

So how's this work---he signs with xfl and plays two years and is then eligible for the draft but, as a already pro/semi-pro player could he challenge the draft and begin direct contract negotiations with multiple clubs as soon as he comes of age.

Quote: @Akvike said:
So how's this work---he signs with xfl and plays two years and is then eligible for the draft but, as a already pro/semi-pro player could he challenge the draft and begin direct contract negotiations with multiple clubs as soon as he comes of age.
I wondered similar in an AAF thread - if those players had to apply for the draft or if they could just sign with a squad being a pro. I think AAF players, generally, are guys who have already applied; chewed up and spit out by the process.

XFL players though, specifically the ones who leave college early,  obviously haven't applied (or are ineligible) for the draft. It would be absolutely bonkers to see blue chip players leave college to both get paid and avoid the draft as they work towards the NFL. The XFL could thrive off of being "used" by young players because as soon as it's most talented player goes to the NFL, a new blue chip prospect will have captured attention... like college football.

It would be very entertaining to watch that play out. It's cool to imagine the NFL with this angle - Free Agency with the flair of the Draft.

... lol, after writing and editing - the thought of the NFL just changing their Draft eligibility rules to include other Pro leagues came to mind...  :# There's probably a "fairness" arguement to be made over players signing where they want. But on the other hand, there is the salary cap and money talks.

The idea of talented players taking a lot less money to sign together and build a "dream team" (lol, of rookies) kinda sucks / does $50 million guaranteed from Arizona suck that bad? wonder how it would go...

I think if you’ve got pro asperations, you’ve got to go
wherever they will mold you to be the best version of you.  You’re going to make your money in the pros,
not in college or in an alternative league. 
I think there’s definitely something to be said, about having a sub-NFL
pro league where players have a job that is football and get paid for it,
rather than having a job that is NCAA football, not getting paid, and
pretending that you’re going to school. 
For athletes that are serious about getting a college education, I think
the NCAA probably works pretty well, but a lot of the players are just biding
their time until they can go pro.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
BookmarkI'd tank right now for the next Randy Moss
Really? I wouldn't tank for the real Randy Moss - even though I loved his play. How many championships did he win here, or anywhere? How many did Calvin Johnson bring to the Lions? WR is the most splashy position but can't carry a team.
And has every can't-miss freshman phenom actually become a NFL HOFer??