Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Draft Him?
For the most part, I believe, the Vikings have to put together a very solid group of "good guys".  Outside of relatively recent events (Rock Thomas), it's been awhile since we've had a player make the front page with an updated mugshot.  It seems as if this "good guy" personality trait is very highly rated within the Vikings organization.  And I don't have a problem with that at all.  BUT that got me thinking about 1 player in particular.  I wondered if he'd even be given a chance here, by the team and/or by the fans, as a mid to late round selection?  Say somewhere in the 4th to 6th round range. The kid has truck loads of talent, (He might be the best WR in the draft) but he made a REALLY REALLY REALLY bad choice a couple years ago.  Because of that epically slimy moment, he wasn't invited to the scouting combine to showcase himself.  You don't hear his name being discussed anywhere really.  And obviously he's cost himself millions of dollars already.  But his tape speaks for itself.  The kids name I'm thinking of Preston Williams, WR from Colorado State.  IMO the skies the limit with him, but (and it's a big BUT) you have to be willing to look past an incident where he got physical with a woman and then harassed her with 200 phone calls.  But.....he's been problem free since, as far as I know.  Someone is going to give this kid a chance in the NFL and probably get a steal on value.  It's just a matter of who and in which round.  So would you take a chance on him?  Do you think the Vikings would?  

alot of talent, looks pro ready.  it all depends on the due dilligence i would think

I don't trust my own judgement on players anymore. I wanted Patterson, DGB...You name em, I fell in love with em.

I'm sure they made a call as to whether he's on the board or not by now. 

Probably not. He wasn't invited to the combine but he did have a pro day. And his numbers were terrible. 4.6 forty, jump numbers were even worse. You can see much better athleticism on tape so you get the feeling he didn't train for it at all. A bad sign considering his character. I wouldn't be too surprised if he went undrafted. 

He'll probably be a priority UDFA for some team. I doubt he gets drafted. On film he definitely shows some NFL talent but the character concerns are going to turn teams off. 

QB Gardner Minshew is getting some serious low-level buzz right now. Might be a 4th round pick.....maybe higher. 

I think part of the issue is: he didn't make ONE bad decision. He made over 200 of them.  Following it up with 200 harassing phone calls speaks volumes.

Quote: @wiviking said:
I think part of the issue is: he didn't make ONE bad decision. He made over 200 of them.  Following it up with 200 harassing phone calls speaks volumes.

If he does not make it in the NFL he may still have a lucrative career as a telemarketer.

I finally watched the video. While his hands look NFL quality and he's certainly physical. He looks a little lumbering at times. Lumbering is not going to get you separation against NFL DB's. NFL QB's are not going to throw the direction of guys with no separation. I don't know much about him. Know he doesn't think real quick. 200 harassing calls before you figured out it was bad idea.