Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd be pretty happy with this mock
Dillard and O'Neill bookends for a decade. Tillery at 3T. And I think Connor McGovern is one of the more underrated players in this draft. Like Risner, can play center, guard or right tackle, good length and power, good enough athlete. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2827208-2019-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-latest-3-round-picks-with-one-month-to-go#slide33

Dillard is becoming my top choice for o-line.

I'd take this draft...  McGovern could be a Day 1 starter at RG and has the size and power to take on Hicks as a rookie. 

It's interesting to see Lindstrom drop into the 3rd round in this mock...  not sure that happens in the actual draft.  I'd be all over him if he gets anywhere near 50.

Either way, that's a fairly realistic way for the Vikings to upgrade their OL in one season.  I like the idea of strengthening both lines in the first 3 rounds.

The only thing I don't like about it is the Tillery pick will undoubtedly kick either Jaleel or Jalyn of the roster (unless Jalyn gets kicked outside to DE).  That's kind of a waste of an early 4th rounder if you have to cut one after a season or two.

No real gripes with that draft at all. I'm not a huge fan of Tillery but think both Dillard and McGovern could be day one starters. I would probably wait on 3-tech and go with either Deebo or Parris Campbell. I would be very surprised if Campbell made it that far. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
No real gripes with that draft at all. I'm not a huge fan of Tillery but think both Dillard and McGovern could be day one starters. I would probably wait on 3-tech and go with either Deebo or Parris Campbell. I would be very surprised if Campbell made it that far. 
I'd be much happier with a receiver over a 3T in this mock. Also, 6'7 is pretty tall for a DT. I know that John Henderson made it make work, but wouldn't there be concerns about leverage due to his height? I'd also love to be able to trade down this year, since we have so many needs, but that assumes we can find a partner and not get stuck in a bad part of a run.

Quote: @"Tyr" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
I'd be much happier with a receiver over a 3T in this mock. Also, 6'7 is pretty tall for a DT. I know that John Henderson made it make work, but wouldn't there be concerns about leverage due to his height? I'd also love to be able to trade down this year, since we have so many needs, but that assumes we can find a partner and not get stuck in a bad part of a run.
I've played out the trading down idea and I think #18 is a really strong place to be in the 1st round. There are 16-17 players with a first round grade (blue chip guys) so you're effectively guaranteed one of them since a team will reach/take a QB somewhere between 1 and 17. A team in the back half of the round would need to overpay if I were running the ship. The best case scenario may be if Locke or Daniel Jones are sitting there. I could see a team like the Chargers or even Patriots being very aggressive to get their QB of the future. For that you might get an overpay. 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
The only thing I don't like about it is the Tillery pick will undoubtedly kick either Jaleel or Jalyn of the roster (unless Jalyn gets kicked outside to DE).  That's kind of a waste of an early 4th rounder if you have to cut one after a season or two.
Interesting points about the 3T. The way I see it, you either take a clear upgrade (either 1st or 2nd round) or maybe not one at all. With Stephen, Holmes and Johnson, depth isn't really the problem, and adding another middle-round talent to that mix doesn't really achieve anything. 

Me too. He's getting some 1st round buzz right now. I think Kubiak would love what he would add to the offense. We have the middle routes covered well. We could use a bubble screen talent underneath and someone to take the top off. Campbell could do both.

BIG fan of Deebo. He may not have the speed of Campbell, but I think he's nearly bust proof. Great feet. Quick, wiley route runner. A prize fighter off the line and at the top of his stem. Very high floor. 

Two middle round guys I like are Terry Mclaurin and Riley Ridley. We end up with one of those four I'll be ecstatic.