Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So no collusion.
No collusion according to Barr based off the Mueller report.  I also can't figure out how you can obstruct something if there wasn't a crime but that seems to be the last straw liberals are hanging onto. 

At the end of the day, I guess this is the new playbook.  Lose the election, come up with some attacking points and hammer them home through the media though out their election.  This has been how its all went down throughout the Trump presidency with collusion and Kavanaugh being the highlights. 

I can't imagine what the next president R or D will face. 

It all just makes me laugh.  The "wait until 'X'".  Then "Well wait until 'Y'"...  Well XYZ are done.  Get over it.  The witch hunt is over.

I think regardless of which team you are on, or
even if you don't have one, I think what we all want to see is a reduction in
corruption wherever it is, and to use these processes where needed to ensure
that our government is working properly, but also to ensure that we’re not on
perpetual witch hunts for petty political reasons.

If as more info comes out that this was
manufactured for political reasons, I hope it doesn’t stop efforts to work on
corruption that does exist.

Quote: @"medaille" said:

No doubt.  There is a ton of political corruption in DC.  But it was like they were purposely shining the light in all the wrong corners.  Seems like projection is a major issue in DC, the more someone talks about getting rid of something, the more likely they are guilty of it.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
It all just makes me laugh.  The "wait until 'X'".  Then "Well wait until 'Y'"...  Well XYZ are done.  Get over it.  The witch hunt is over.
Move the goal posts so much even walsh can make it?

Quote: @"medaille" said:

And vice versa. If it comes out that this was nothing but a political assasination attempt then those responsible should be held accountable. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
Move the goal posts so much even walsh can make it?
Actually to me it's more like lower the goal. It's been being lowered for the better part of 2 decades. So we can revel in the fact that we believe there was any victories? To me Barr's word on this is no more or less bias then any other. Maybe less. It's the world we live in now. As I always suspected there were plenty of fish netted but these things never get the big fish. I can move on no problem. Since what I already knew and disliked about this latest President did not rely on any of this. Some are more satisfied some less. I will always be unsatisfied with what people are willing to except. Proven or usually other wise. So people will still talk about it. 

Yeah, no collusion at all! It was a completely legitimate election, Russia played no part in it and none of those men indicted who worked for Trump had anything to do with Russia. 

Release the whole report maybe? 

Look, I don't think there was some nefarious back-room scheme between Trump and Putin, but I think even conservatives would agree his financial interest with Russia was collusion enough.

Quote: @"KingBash" said:

Look, I don't think there was some nefarious back-room scheme between Trump and Putin, but I think even conservatives would agree his financial interest with Russia was collusion enough.
I guess I don't understand what this means.  Are people not supposed to do business with other people, or other people outside the country?  There is no such thing as illegal collusion as far as what the media is talking about.  The whole point of this that Trump was working with Russia to do something illegal that subverted our electoral processes.

It's a huge leap to suggest that regular business deals now become evidence of a conspiracy against the nation, because every person in America has financial interests with certain entities.  If financial interest alone is all you need to show collusion, it is factually true that Bill Clinton received $500,000+ for speaking fees 11 times for a variety of different businesses in foreign countries.  Probably every congress person is receiving money from numerous companies and people just to maintain their political positions.  A large portion of Washington is people who are in the revolving door of regulating companies that they were on the board of directors for and back again.  Just by sheer probability a large chunk of those are going to be multinational corporations who are profiting in many countries, perhaps by exploiting our nation.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't remove people's financial interests from politics, because we certainly should strive to ensure they aren't colluding with business interests that are in conflict with the citizens interests, but that's not the precedent of where we are now, and it's an impact that would affect almost every politician.

As much as the man in the white house doesn't align with my view of how the world can work together, our role in the world and my own personal beliefs & values, I found it hard to believe he'd collude with the Ruskies as the expense of the US security or interests. 

DC is so corrupt on both sides of the aisle, I've lost a bit of hope over the decades. 

Draining the swamp? It's as deep as ever...