Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wailing and gnashing of teeth
Prepare for the annual wailing and gnashing of teeth, it looks like Sendejo is locked in for the starting job.

Quote:Vikings defensive coordinator explains why safety Andrew Sendejo is still standing, starting
For the first time in, well, maybe ever, it doesn’t appear the Vikings have any desire to try and move Andrew Sendejo out of the starting strong safety job.
http://www.startribune.com/vikings-defen...438562963/

Meh. Not what you'd call a glowing endorsement by Edwards, but he appreciates his consistency and professionalism. Both good traits. He's a tough minded and strong player but his tackling doesn't always bear that out. I'm ok with the guy now, but only ok.

He does excel at flying into a crowd and taking out his own teammates. Again, consistent. Wink

On a separate note: keep an eye on LB Gedeon. He's getting run at WLB because he's playing fast on the field and surprising the coaches. That dude can tackle and wrap up. 

Two years ago I thought he was a train wreck.  Last year he proved to be solid.  If that trajectory holds up, maybe we are pleasantly surprised by his play again this year?  I'm good rolling with him this year honestly.

I just don't think they have anyone on the roster with a strong chance of improving the spot. IMO Zimmer would like to have a fast safety who can cover like an extra CB, and that's why he keeps trying to convert college CBs (Blanton, Exum, Tocho). But none have developed. Kearse (have heard little about him in TC yet) isn't that type of player and I think he'll just be an insurance policy for Smith injuries.

This kind of fits what I have said about his play last year.  Sendejo is the solid steady guy that allows Harrison to be moved around.  AS will be where he is supposed to be and Zim likes that in his players.

I've always kind of liked AS, he just seems like a guy who loves the game and wants to be out there for all the reasons a fan wants him to be out there.
If the position could be upgraded, then fine, but I'm ok with the guy.

Sendejo's ceiling is to not F it up for the guys with talent. Last year he usually managed that. Whoopee. Hopefully next year we'll finally draft a S higher than round 7.

Quote: V@RS Express said:
Sendejo's ceiling is to not F it up for the guys with talent. Last year he usually managed that. Whoopee. Hopefully next year we'll finally draft a S higher than round 7.
Sedejo is an average level S in the NFL which is far above the fuck up that many talk like he is.  The kid works his ass off and is rarely the breakdown when our D gives up a big play.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
V@RS Express said:
Sedejo is an average level S in the NFL which is far above the fuck up that many talk like he is.  The kid works his ass off and is rarely the breakdown when our D gives up a big play.
Can tell how valuable is by how the defense performed without him last year.

Vikings should have all pros at all positions. Simple right?