Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Brining Back Shamar Stephen on a 3 Year Deal

geoff: is Sheldon gone?

Quote: @Lee 19 said:
Probably unless he is about to take a discount. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/stat...7781555200
Party like it’s 2017...!?  :p 

Stephen is mediocre at best.  Why would they bring him back on such a long deal?
Crazy stupid.
Just sign him to a one year deal.
And why not wait?  There are plenty of defensive tackles similar to Stephen that probably will get signed for less in a week or two on one year deals.
Like a Rodney Gunter.
Does this mean they are going to skip over this great DT class this year because now they have the great Stephen back?

@Lee 19 said:
Probably unless he is about to take a discount. 
That would be a big discount since Stephens deal is for 3 years it doesnt seem likely that it's a prove it type contract unless it's just to spread out the signing bonus and is a low salary the first year.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
Stephen is mediocre at best.  Why would they bring him back on such a long deal?
Crazy stupid.
And why not wait?  There are plenty of defensive tackles similar to Stephen that probably will get signed for less in a week or two on one year deals.
Like a Rodney Gunter.
Does this mean they are going to skip over this great DT class this year because now they have the great Stephen back?
Its probably more like a one year deal with two option years whether they're official options or not. There won't be so much money guaranteed they couldn't move on next off-season. If they end up losing Sheldon I'm sure they will end up find another pass rusher in the draft. 

@MarkSP18 said:
Crazy stupid.
Like a Rodney Gunter.
Its probably more like a one year deal with two option years whether they're official options or not. There won't be so much money guaranteed they couldn't move on next off-season. If they end up losing Sheldon I'm sure they will end up find another pass rusher in the draft. 
I have to see the terms but this is not very impressive to go back to what you did not want to pay to keep last year.
With limited cap space I was hoping it would be used on the offensive line.
And not for over aged on the decline players.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MarkSP18 said:
Crazy stupid.
Like a Rodney Gunter.
I have to see the terms but this is not very impressive to go back to what you did not want to pay to keep last year.
I would have patience when it comes to the O-line. They aren't going to be throwing around $10M+ for slightly above average players. They'll make more cap room, I'm sure of that. But this is simply a depth move and an improvement to the run defense that significantly regressed. 

@MarkSP18 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MarkSP18 said:
Crazy stupid.
Like a Rodney Gunter.
I would have patience when it comes to the O-line. They aren't going to be throwing around $10M+ for slightly above average players. They'll make more cap room, I'm sure of that. But this is simply a depth move and an improvement to the run defense that significantly regressed. 
OK.  But what does that say about Jaleel and Jayln?