Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rhodes and Waynes

Gonna be interesting to see how this unfolds. To me, the logical choice would be Waynes. But I wonder if the Vikings could choose Rhodes if they get an offer they can't refuse. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Gonna be interesting to see how this unfolds. To me, the logical choice would be Waynes. But I wonder if the Vikings could choose Rhodes if they get an offer they can't refuse. 
They both have their upsides to keep and to trade.... hard to really pick one and say with any certainty that you made the right choice on which one to move from.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
They both have their upsides to keep and to trade.... hard to really pick one and say with any certainty that you made the right choice on which one to move from.
Yes.  So lets try that option.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
Like Zim says, you can never have enough corners...  Wink 

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
20 million in to your starting corners is pretty hard to do when  your 28 million dollar QB is getting pounded into the dirt.

I believe Rhodes has $6 or $7M in dead money.  Waynes has $0.  Waynes is younger and great in run support.  Both get nicked up a fair amount.  What could we get for Waynes in trade?  If not at least a 2 I would not even consider it.

@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
20 million in to your starting corners is pretty hard to do when  your 28 million dollar QB is getting pounded into the dirt.
well, when you put it that way...  B) 

Quote: @dadevike said:
I believe Rhodes has $6 or $7M in dead money.  Waynes has $0.  Waynes is younger and great in run support.  Both get nicked up a fair amount.  What could we get for Waynes in trade?  If not at least a 2 I would not even consider it.
well its not like we are going to tag Waynes after this year so essentially he is a 1 year rental at this point.  I would have rather been in on a couple of these OL that got traded for defensive help with Waynes,  no cap savings this way,  but it would give us a known commodity to plug into the OL instead of a coin flip at best draft pick.

@dadevike said:
well its not like we are going to tag Waynes after this year so essentially he is a 1 year rental at this point.  I would have rather been in on a couple of these OL that got traded for defensive help with Waynes,  no cap savings this way,  but it would give us a known commodity to plug into the OL instead of a coin flip at best draft pick.
I wouldn't necessarily go so far to say they'd let Waynes walk next off-season. If they have trade offers now and they opt to keep him I'd anticipate they want to keep Waynes/Rhodes together. This is the last year they're truly squeezed against the cap so they would have some real flexibility to make it work.