Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer said Gary Kubiak has “big plans” for Treadwell
This was a snippet from a Strib column.  I wonder what that means?  We shall see.
http://www.startribune.com/nfl-free-agen...506935462/

Wide receiver

Current
roster: Stefon Diggs ($12.468 million), Adam Thielen ($8.1M), Laquon
Treadwell ($3.161M), Chad Beebe ($570,000), Brandon Zylstra ($570,000),
Jeff Badet ($532,500)

Pending free agent: Aldrick Robinson

Big
decision: There’s little depth behind Diggs and Thielen (who could be
in line for a raise after back-to-back Pro Bowls). It’d make sense to
bring back Robinson, who played with Cousins in Washington and clicked
with him last year. Though the Vikings would save $654,770 by cutting
Treadwell, coach Mike Zimmer said new assistant head coach Gary Kubiak
has “big plans” for the former first-round pick.

Yah, that surprised me too...Then again, they're not the type of culture to be giving public ultimatums to players either. 

I hate the be "that fan" but I don't think it matters how smart or visionary Kubiak & KS are regarding using Laquon.

The kid aint anywhere near the same after that leg injury and I dont think KC trusted him any more as the season wore on.

A wasted pick in hind-sight...

I think big plans include V.P. of Towel Distribution and assistant to the assistant manager.

I just wonder if the OC Stefanski does?  He may have seen enough.

God I f*cking hope not.

At the very least, resign Robinson, give Beebe some more opportunities, spend a lower draft pick on a WR, but for the love of God, PLEASE be done with Treadwell already!!

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
God I f*cking hope not.

At the very least, resign Robinson, give Beebe some more opportunities, spend a lower draft pick on a WR, but for the love of God, PLEASE be done with Treadwell already!!
It is ridiculous that they can give this dude all this rope.  It is time for Spielman to just admit he made a mistake.
Even if Treadwell somehow had a breakout season (would 50 catches be a breakout season?) they should not try to extend him in 2020.  So he is gone next year no matter what.  I hope.
It is incredible how they hang onto some players only because they drafted them early.
Meanwhile, they spend two picks to move up and draft a kicker and just because he messed up one game they cut him.  He then goes to the Raiders and does really well.
It is no wonder the some posters bash Spielman.  Sometimes he deserves it.

Mr Treadwell you may come in the office now.
Sorry we have to let you go.
Well...he said big plans. Nobody said they were good plans for you.

I think it really depends on how many options we have to replace him.  We're not going to outright cut him until after camp when we need the roster spot.  Might as well fluff him a little bit, and if we happen to bring in an upgrade then so be it.

Quote: @medaille said:
I think it really depends on how many options we have to replace him.  We're not going to outright cut him until after camp when we need the roster spot.  Might as well fluff him a little bit, and if we happen to bring in an upgrade then so be it.
If they can trade him they save 1.8 mil in cap space.
That is much better than keeping him through training camp IMHO.
May as well get a 7th (even if it is in 2020) now.

Big plans = small trade...   Wink 
[Image: 3ogrv2gjkxcy.jpeg]