Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets set to acquire Kelechi Osemele in trade with Raiders
[Image: gettyimages-848739654-e1552248767438.jpg...316&crop=1]
Getty Images
The Antonio Brown trade isn’t the only deal involving the Raiders set to become official on Wednesday afternoon.
ESPN reports that the Raiders have agreed to tradeguard Kelechi Osemele to the Jets. No word on the compensation going back to the Raiders was immediately available. They are set to give up third- and fifth-round picks in the deal for Brown.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/10/jets-set-to-acquire-kelechi-osemele-in-trade-with-raiders/

Wow!  I guess Reiff or Easton will be the answer besides some draft pick.

Rumor is Vikings had interest also, but not cap space. So then the question begs: why aren't they making cap space room??

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Rumor is Vikings had interest also, but not cap space. So then the question begs: why aren't they making cap space room??
It's a mystery really.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/11/antonio-brown-trade-raiders-eric-weddle-rams-nfl-free-agency?utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

8. The Jets dealing for Kelechi Osemele on Sunday was smart for similar
reasons. A two-time Pro Bowler, Osemele’s still 29, younger than Saffold
or Foster, and comes in at $10.2 million this year, and $11.7 million
next year, which is affordable compared to what Jaguars guard Andrew
Norwell got last March, and what free agent linemen will likely get this
week. And that money’s not guaranteed, making it well worth it for the
Jets to flip fifth- and sixth-rounders with the Raiders.

I really have no clue what Spielman is doing sometimes.  If moving Reiff to guard is his answer then that does not give a lot of confidence.  If hoping Easton returns and plays up to his previous so-so level then that too does not give a lot of confidence.  More hope really.  I am sure the draft could provide some other option but banking on a rookie right out the gate is presumptuous at best.

I thought, in my wanna-be GM mode, that swapping Griffen for Osemele would have been a good deal.  Maybe I am over-valuing Griffen?  I think he might not be trade-able.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@StickyBun said:
It's a mystery really.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/11/antonio-brown-trade-raiders-eric-weddle-rams-nfl-free-agency?utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

8. The Jets dealing for Kelechi Osemele on Sunday was smart for similar
reasons. A two-time Pro Bowler, Osemele’s still 29, younger than Saffold
or Foster, and comes in at $10.2 million this year, and $11.7 million
next year, which is affordable compared to what Jaguars guard Andrew
Norwell got last March, and what free agent linemen will likely get this
week. And that money’s not guaranteed, making it well worth it for the
Jets to flip fifth- and sixth-rounders with the Raiders.

I really have no clue what Spielman is doing sometimes.  If moving Reiff to guard is his answer then that does not give a lot of confidence.  If hoping Easton returns and plays up to his previous so-so level then that too does not give a lot of confidence.  More hope really.  I am sure the draft could provide some other option but banking on a rookie right out the gate is presumptuous at best.

I thought, in my wanna-be GM mode, that swapping Griffen for Osemele would have been a good deal.  Maybe I am over-valuing Griffen?  I think he might not be trade-able.

I don't think EG is worth much of anything given his age and last 2 seasons of production. Might be best for him and us if he just writes his last chapters here and under a re-worked contract. 

As far as FA OL? I don't feel the Vikings making a tier 1 move this year. Not looking at this class, after last years big foray into FA, the cap situation and I'd bet they're still gun-shy after Alex Boone. Maybe a tier 2, week 2 signing type. Something that will be positioned as a come in and compete kinda player. Ideally someone who gives them a little flex with their #1 pick 

I have this impending feeling as Viking fans, we are going to have another disappointing season.  I sure hope I'm wrong.  Only if we luck out and sign 1 or 2 outstanding free agents, able to resign players on our roster we want to keep and lastingly have the draft go exactly as we planned.  Pretty steep odds in my opinion.