Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constant Pain ~ Well wishes & Prayers Appreciated
Hi everyone. As a rule, I'm not one to post personal matters, but I am at my wits end at this point & need to vent.
On Jan 14, I fell off the porch & really did a number on my right elbow & hand. Hence the reason I haven't been on computer. I'm right handed & have no use of it yet. Typingwith only left hand is a real PITA, plus sitting at desk for a bit, causes arm/hand to hurt more.

I went through 2 days of hell before finding a dr that could do the required surgery. Finally got one & surgery scheduled.
I had surgery on Jan. 18th & have been in constant pain since. Besides getting 5 screws in my elbow to repair it, I have tissue damage, nerve damage, tendon damage, & main ligament damage.Also fractured wrist.The elbow is healing fine. The pain isn't as bad & now just comes & goes. When it comes, it comes with a bang though.
The big pain issue is my hand & wrist. Dr now says I have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) Syndrome AKA: Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRP) in my hand.It's very painful. Fingers are 3 times their normal size. Constant, non-stop deep & burning pains. Nothing alleviates it. It's a daily crying fest, which makes me mad. I have a high pain tolerance, but this is getting to be unbearable for me.  
Also, I really want some sleep. I need a left-handled recliner, but don't have $800.00 for one. (Medical bills are sky high) I go back & forth all night long from chair to couch totry & get comfortable, yet leaving my arm angled up, so hand is above heart. Very difficult to do. I can not lay flat in a bed. I am so sleep deprived, don't know how hubby is putting up with me. Guess it's called, love. Smile
Don't know how long it will be before I have use of right arm/hand. I'm totally bummed out. All well-wishes, positive thoughts, & prayers greatly appreciated.
Well, that's it in a nutshell. Plus, can't sit at desk any longer.  Thanks for letting me vent.
LIVE WELL ~ LOVE MUCH ~ LAUGH OFTEN

OMG, Cricket. So sorry for you and what you are going through.  Never apologize for venting, hon.  We're here for each other despite all our differences, political and personal.  It's been a trying year for many of us on this board.

You're in my prayers, dear.  God's blessings for a speedy recovery.

I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. Sending positive and healing vibes. Love and light. Know that your fellow purple peeps are pulling for you. 

Quote: @Cricket said:
Hi everyone. As a rule, I'm not one to post personal matters, but I am at my wits end at this point & need to vent.
On Jan 14, I fell off the porch & really did a number on my right elbow & hand. Hence the reason I haven't been on computer. I'm right handed & have no use of it yet. Typingwith only left hand is a real PITA, plus sitting at desk for a bit, causes arm/hand to hurt more.

I went through 2 days of hell before finding a dr that could do the required surgery. Finally got one & surgery scheduled.
I had surgery on Jan. 18th & have been in constant pain since. Besides getting 5 screws in my elbow to repair it, I have tissue damage, nerve damage, tendon damage, & main ligament damage.Also fractured wrist.The elbow is healing fine. The pain isn't as bad & now just comes & goes. When it comes, it comes with a bang though.
The big pain issue is my hand & wrist. Dr now says I have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) Syndrome AKA: Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRP) in my hand.It's very painful. Fingers are 3 times their normal size. Constant, non-stop deep & burning pains. Nothing alleviates it. It's a daily crying fest, which makes me mad. I have a high pain tolerance, but this is getting to be unbearable for me.  
Also, I really want some sleep. I need a left-handled recliner, but don't have $800.00 for one. (Medical bills are sky high) I go back & forth all night long from chair to couch totry & get comfortable, yet leaving my arm angled up, so hand is above heart. Very difficult to do. I can not lay flat in a bed. I am so sleep deprived, don't know how hubby is putting up with me. Guess it's called, love. Smile
Don't know how long it will be before I have use of right arm/hand. I'm totally bummed out. All well-wishes, positive thoughts, & prayers greatly appreciated.
Well, that's it in a nutshell. Plus, can't sit at desk any longer.  Thanks for letting me vent.
Cricket very sorry to hear.  Prayers and well wishes for you.    My only advice is to think outside the box if you need.  take care.  

If you can try and get a triangular pillow to help prop ya up on the  sofa to keep the arm up and find a semi reclined position to get some rest .    Good luck and hope ya feel better.  

So sorry to hear about this.  I really hope they figure out something to alleviate the pain in your wrist and hand soon.  Will be thinking about you, take care.

So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and healing prayers. Trust it will get better. Keep us updated.

Hopefully you get some relief soon!

So sorry to hear this cricket,  hope you feel better soon. As for how to treat the pain see if acupuncture might help.   I am out of work or my back right now and they put me on it.  It has helped with the pain alot. A coworker had it on her wrist and it worked for her. 

Hang in there. Chronic pain is no joke. Hopefully sweet relief is coming soon. Good thoughts your way!