Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe If We Massage The Cap
[Image: CLE.png]
NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports RG Kevin Zeitler's "name has been thrown around some" as someone the Browns may try to trade.At $12 million per year, Zeitler is the league's third-highest paid guard behind Zack Martin and Andrew Norwell. The old regime in Cleveland handed Zeitler that contract, and Kinkhabwala adds current GM John Dorsey drafted Austin Corbett to be an interior lineman for this team. Cutting Zeitler would clear just $1.7 million in cap space and leave behind $10.7 million in dead money, but the Browns would save $6.5 million in real cash. The Browns are already flush with cap space. They'd likely only consider moving him if a team wants to trade them a pick. Zeitler turns 29 in three days and was Pro Football Focus' top pass-blocking guard last season.
SOURCE: Aditi Kinkhabwala on Twitter

[Image: 0v397xo413gc.jpg]Wisconsin boy.  Not too shabby.  Here's his penalties.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...itKe00.htm

$10.7 in dead money? Why would they do that. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
$10.7 in dead money? Why would they do that. 

"...$6.5 million in real cash."  They're looking to update the locker room? Wink

By the time the draft rolls around the Vikings should have plenty of cap space. Maybe Zeitler is a draft day trade target. They need a corner, too. 

In related news, seems everyone who's anyone is saying this is going to be wildest and craziest draft anyone's ever seen. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
By the time the draft rolls around the Vikings should have plenty of cap space. Maybe Zeitler is a draft day trade target. They need a corner, too. 

In related news, seems everyone who's anyone is saying this is going to be wildest and craziest draft anyone's ever seen. 
Yep. There will be teams that saw how the good Defenses adjusted in the 2nd half of the season and started slowing down the explosive Offenses (though I also think the Refs backed off on the PI and PF flags) and will see a D-Line guy they gotta have and may move up a few spots to insure they get their man.

There's also the cra-cra drama at the Top. Why wouldn't the GMm who fired his HC after a single freaking season who then hired a kid with a losing record in college who was fired by his Alma Mater, give his shiny new HC the exact QB he wants for his system?

OR...Are they laying down one helluva smokescreen to lure someone like Gruden and the Raiders to move up for Murray?

And there are teams like the Vikings, Texans and others who's main weakness is the O-Line. Do they stand pat and hope someone falls when a bunch of trades start happening in an almost NBA-style before they pick?

I also think teams are getting more behind the idea of trading Players for Picks than ever before to help manage their Cap situation. Some high-performing but high-priced Veterans could be dealt that first day of the Draft.

Should be as fun as a Battle Royale!

Waynes for him straight up. I wanted this guy for G back when he left Cincy. 

Grabbing Zeitler, with Easton and Collins coming back would give us flexibilty with the 1st pick. Grab a DT and get two more OL in the next 3 picks

They're looking for a pick, but Ward and Waynes would be a great duo... 

I guess I don't really get the premise of why this is even being proposed.  They have too much money, but want to save money even though it doesn't really save them any money?  They have PFF's number 6 ranked G in the league, but they want to blow that up because they disliked the previous regime?

I'd swap him for Waynes in a heartbeat.  I'd probably even throw in a 4th because Waynes is on a single year deal.

I feel like the whole concept of this article is that "We've got Ant Harris now, so lets shop Harrison Smith"