Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whos the better LB prospect? Devin White or Devin Bush?
I've been keeping an eye on these two guys and i'm wondering which one you think is the better player?

Bush grabbed my attention right away; White's speed was brought to my attention before watching his highlights and while I saw it, I wasn't sure if he looked as instinctive as Bush did. Granted, they were highlight plays... I really don't know who's a better linebacker play in and play out.

I see they both ran 40's; White hit 4.42 and Bush hit 4.44. That's insane... give us some of that...

I'd be happy of we took one of these guys at 18.  We need a speed guy to take the run back out of the passing game.  The question is do we have that guy in Eric Wilson who has speed to burn or not?

White.

What can anyone tell me about Blake Cashman?
Dude looked good out there today.
Cashman - 6'1.1" 237 with 30 1/2" arms, ran a 4.51 forty, 18 reps, 37.5" VJ, 10'4" BJ, 4.12 SS, and 6.95 3 coneBush - 5'11" 234 with 32" arms, ran a 4.43 forty, 21 reps, 40.5" VJ, 10'4" BJ, 4.23 SS, and 6.935 3 coneWhite - 6'0" 237 with 32 1/2" arms, ran a 4.42 forty, 22 reps, 39.5" VJ, 9'10" BJ, 4.17 SS, and 7.07 3 cone
Cashman has a little height and is fast enough.
Maybe the Vikings can snag him in the 4th and be just fine?

[Image: DuUHR4NW4AAuAhP.jpg]

White doesn't have the instincts yet like Bush does.  But really, I watched a bunch of both and came away feeling like they're both a tad overrated.

Bush is a missile, but not sure he's great in coverage if that makes sense. Hits harder than his stature would lead you to believe, but wonder how well he'll hold up over a career. 

Don't hold it against me, but being a Michigan fan, I'm intrigued with Chase WInovich being moved to Lber. He's at 256 and played DE and has a non stop motor. He simply can't hold up playing against 300lb tackles over a season at the same intensity. Still lead the tea in sacks. Ran a 4.59 40. Could possibly lose a few lbs. and get quicker. 

Might be better in a 3-4 defense as a stand up rusher? 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
White doesn't have the instincts yet like Bush does.  But really, I watched a bunch of both and came away feeling like they're both a tad overrated.
I agree that White's instincts are questionable. But it's going to come down to scheme fit. If OP is talking specifically about the Vikings, Bush is the better scheme fit in Barr's role if they can get over the size. I personally think the Vikings will strongly consider Bush at #18. No intel, but he fits their profile and would be lethal on mug blitzes.  

White is going to be the consensus better player due to his play as a more traditional LB.