Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your call....the best...and worst Super Bowl halftime performance
Prince.      
Period..In the rain, tribute to Hendrix, the sheet & silhouette.  
People went for a Prince concert, and the cover band was two football teams

"Up with people"
Anyone old old enough to remember this troupe from the seventies?
I was a kid, and it was like watching a field full of the Partridge family on acid.

Nailed it.

U2 a close 2nd. 

Agree^^^^

There are those who play the guitar....then there are guitar players....then there are those who create music......but only a handful can turn an instrument into a "voice"

Gilmour, Hendrix, Prince, BB, Vaughn, Setzer, May, Manzanera

There is no contest. Prince by a mile. Nothing compares. It was an incredible show. He was phenomenal. Idgaf about anyone else. U2 was excellent. But Prince is on a whole other level. The artistry, the passion and the genius. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

I was sooooooooo looking forward to Prince playing at US Bank stadium. :'(

Partridge family on acid...lol. I didn't remember how bad till I Google it. However I must disagree. The Partridge's dressed much cooler then that on stage. It was more the Brady's on ecstasy. Them folks on the field were way too happy.
Hard to find worse then that. I'm a big U2 fan so they get my vote over hometown hero Prince.
I also liked The Who but I'm a huge fan so that is bias.

When I went on the stadium tour Saturday, they mentioned that one of the agreements for the SB to be at the new stadium was Prince's sign off.  

Could you imagine us playing that game at home and having Prince as the Half Time show?  In Vikings fashion we probably still would have lost.

Maybe in an alternate universe we made it there

We went to the stadium opener against Green Bay on Sunday Night. They had a very cool Prince tribute at halftime. Actually just made me more sad. 

definitely Prince... .hands down no question.

as far as up with people... well yes the shows sucked,  but on a side note,  when they would come to a town they would ask for host families to take the performers in and my parents would always have a couple stay... some years it would be 2 boys....some years 2 girls.  I was pretty young but it was interesting to hear stories about their experiences and because they were from all over the planet the foreign guests were always nice to hear talk about their countries.

Quote: @SouthCarolinaViking said:
We went to the stadium opener against Green Bay on Sunday Night. They had a very cool Prince tribute at halftime. Actually just made me more sad. 
I was in town during the one year anniversary of his death. We were downtown at the Twins games. The rim around the stadium and some of the buildings were lit up purple. I thought it was cool. Nice tribute. I thought at 1st why is everything Vikings in April? Then it dawned on me. Never a big fan but he could really play guitar.