Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAF revenue idea
This one's random, I know. I've been loosely following the AAF (to the dismay of my baseball loving buddy) and enjoying it. I like how accessible it is from a fair weather standpoint. I can turn it on and enjoy it for what it is and move on. Players pop with more contrast and it's fun to watch.

With concern about revenue along with promising expectations for the league to be a true NFL minor league - what if the AAF went NASCAR and sold uniform space, helmet space and/or naming rights to NFL clubs? Take the Orlando Apollos for example. Miami or Tampa Bay would pay them as Sponsors - Orlando modifies their look to match or resemble the look of the Bucs or Dolphins. Maybe the NFL squad slaps their logo on the helmet - maybe they design their own "minor league" logo to put there. ... the NFL gets extra advertising as well as ultimately reaping the reward of better play and better player development. The AAF would get a cash boost. The NFL could help fund the league, keep their hands off running/maintaining it, and get those players down the road. I believe as the league goes on eventually there are going to be standout players, like college football. These players will be sought after and the hype will boost NFL sales like the draft and college players do. 

(Random question. Do professional players still have to enter the draft? I know most of the players already applied, were chewed up and spit out by the process. If a player never applies for the NFL draft but plays professionally are they able to sign where ever they'd like or do they have to apply for the draft?)