Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking forward – Game 1 Anticipation

[Image: cropped-vf_small.png?fit=200%2C200]Looking forward – Game 1 Anticipation
As fans, we probably all look forward to week 1 for many reasons.  The season is finally here, are we as good as the preseason hype/hope, we can stop trying to learn the name of the 3rd string camp…

Read the full story here

As site admin I love nothing more than helping fans get involved in sharing their thoughts on the team and helping to get those voices out to other fans. Skol to @greediron for putting his thoughts out there! this is why we are the best fans on the internet!!!!!

what a great write up greed, I know as a fan that is a big game and one I would like to see the defense put the smack down on.

I am intrigued by how well our defense will do against Brees.   Will our offense show some spark, too?  Does Treadwell come out of his shell?  Does our offensive line open holes and protect Bradford?  Does Cook show he's the real deal?

Not sure how much the saints have improved their D, but if it is anything like the last few years, it could be a good start for our O.

I just would love to hear what the players really think about being able to finally hit Adrian.

Quote: @"greediron" said:

I just would love to hear what the players really think about being able to finally hit Adrian.
Curious comment. You don't honestly think players share the same animosity toward Adrian as fans do, do you? 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:

Curious comment. You don't honestly think players share the same animosity toward Adrian as fans do, do you? 
Has nothing about animosity,  it has plenty to do with being able to hit a guy that ran his mouth all the time about how many yards he would hang on you.  AD uses to talk about putting 200 yards on the Vikings D...now it's their opportunity to shut him up.  It won't be personal,  but there will be a lot of pride on the line.

@"greediron" said:

did you read the article?  Main point of the article and no, not animosity.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:

did you read the article?  Main point of the article and no, not animosity.
Sorry, no, I almost never have time to read articles, but I just did and you make some good points. So my bad; my comment was misdirected. 

I will say that this notion, wherever it comes from, because I've heard it before, that somehow Adrian's former teammates are looking for some kind of revenge against AP is absurd.  

Sorry, no, I almost never have time to read articles, but I just did and you make some good points. So my bad; my comment was misdirected. 

I will say that this notion, wherever it comes from, because I've heard it before, that somehow Adrian's former teammates are looking for some kind of revenge against AP is absurd.  
The thought that brought me to write the article was simply, now the defense actually gets to test themselves against Adrian.  They took plenty of abuse in practice from him, but weren't able to lay the hits in return.  Now they can and I bet they are eager to test their mettle against him.