Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Plan to fix the line that will never happen
Trade Reiff to the Jets or Bills for a 5thWith the "rumors" that they are considering moving him to guard, it is not worth keeping him
Trade Everson Griffen to the Raiders for Kelechi Osemele
They need ends and might move on from Osemele who would be the best guard on the roster
Sign Trent Brown in free agency to a 4 or 5 year deal averaging 11 to 13 mil per year.
Sign DJ Fluker to a 3 year 9 mil deal
Draft Michael Jordan OG/OC  6'7" 312
Draft Tytus Howard OT  6'6' 311

Lineup
LT - Trenton Brown 6'8" 359LG - Kelechi Osemele 6'5" 335OC - Pat Elflein 6'3" 303RG - DJ Fluker 6'5" 340RT - Brian O'Neill 6'7" 305
Foolish thinking on my part.  But a man can dream no?

Ambitious thinking is how you spark ideas.

Doesn't sound like a zone blocking scheme line. Might have been what we needed a couple years ago.

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
Doesn't sound like a zone blocking scheme line. Might have been what we needed a couple years ago.
I know but I think the Vikings need people that can stop defensive tackles from getting that push up the middle.
ZBS be damned.

Osemele for Griffen is interesting. There was some buzz last year about the Raiders maybe trading him. He's been a solid left guard and I think he has the athleticism to hold up in a ZBS, but he had a terrible year in 2018. Ranked below average by PFF. 

I suspect Trent Brown's abilities were magnified by Tom Brady's quick release. To me he smacks of fools gold. I could be wrong though. Not a fan of Fluker at all...especially in a zone. 

The like the draft picks.

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
I know but I think the Vikings need people that can stop defensive tackles from getting that push up the middle.
ZBS be damned.
while I understand and often agree with that sentiment... we found out this year what happens when you dont have a blocking scheme for your OL.  I also think scheme and scheme fit are becoming more and more important as the athletes on the opposing DLines are improving faster than those on the offensive side of the ball.  If all the big bodied athletic types are going to play on the defensive side of the ball.... then that puts even more pressure the offensive scheme used to counter that athleticism and finding perfect fitting players for that scheme.... the days of just lining up and beating the man across from you are quickly fading.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Osemele for Griffen is interesting. There was some buzz last year about the Raiders maybe trading him. He's been a solid left guard and I think he has the athleticism to hold up in a ZBS, but he had a terrible year in 2018. Ranked below average by PFF. 

I suspect Trent Brown's abilities were magnified by Tom Brady's quick release. To me he smacks of fools gold. I could be wrong though. Not a fan of Fluker at all...especially in a zone. 

The like the draft picks.
Osemele may end up being a cap casualty, I don't see the Raiders bringing him back at $10.2M. He also doesn't fit in with the Raiders competitive timeline. 

As for Trent Brown I agree. Tom Brady's quick release always make their O-lineman look better. Do I think Brown has talent? Sure. But I don't necessarily think paying him $13-14M is a smart investment without knowing what you're going to get. 

Great feedback.
All I know is that the Vikings interior got beat up by the Bears.  Hicks and Goldman were tough.
I want to see a pocket in front of Kirk so that he could step up when players are coming around the edges.
Brown would be risky but he is still young and could be starting to hit his peak.
I think 11 to 13 mil is what it will take if not more because other teams have a lot of cap space.