Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extensions for who?
The Vikings have some players ready to hit free agency in March if we don't resign them (Barr, Richards, Harris, Easton, Murray), but Spielman always likes to pre-empt free agent departures by signing key players to contract extensions BEFORE the last year of their contract. So I started looking at notable players who might get extensions this offseason.
Who among these would you like to see signed to a deal keeping them here beyond 2019?
CB Trae Waynes
CB Mackenzie Alexander
DE Stephen Weatherly
DB Jayron Kearse
WR Laquon Treadwell (assuming his 5th-year option will be declined)
TE David Morgan

IMO:
Waynes and Alexander: sign one, not both. I lean towards retaining Alexander.
Weatherly: Extend him now. I think he'll get some of Griffen's money.
Kearse: Wait and see.
Treadwell: No 5th-year, no extension.
Morgan: I would try to keep him here, and Vikings might give him a deal before they start restructure conversations with Rudolph.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
IMO:
Waynes and Alexander: sign one, not both. I lean towards retaining Alexander.
Weatherly: Extend him now. I think he'll get some of Griffen's money.
Kearse: Wait and see.
Treadwell: No 5th-year, no extension.
Morgan: I would try to keep him here, and Vikings might give him a deal before they start restructure conversations with Rudolph.
Pretty much word for word what I'd do if given the keys.  I think Kearse is worth a 1-2ish million because I see him or Harris taking over for Dejo this year with the other getting plenty of snaps as well. 

I think njvike should get another year here, he’s had a tremendous run lately... [Image: qn2dmo92pokn.jpeg][Image: sitmdt2iqy7c.gif][Image: 3pogofdi8mkq.gif]

harris. kearse. weatherly. waynes. morgan. mac man. 

Dejo cut
Barr gone
Richardson walks
Griff restructured
Rhodes dealt after 2019 season

There is no doubt in my mind that this will
be the best secondary in 2019 we have ever had 

5 corners (studs or soon to be studs)
best safety duo we have had in Smith/Harris
great depth with kearse and iloka

If we can add an impact DT (1st) draft a nice pass rusher (4th)and build up the OL (2nd round G, 3rd round OT) we can win the trenches, dominate the passing game 

Quote: @Skodin said:
harris. kearse. weatherly. waynes. morgan. mac man. 

Dejo cut
Barr gone
Richardson walks
Griff restructured
Rhodes dealt after 2019 season

There is no doubt in my mind that this will
be the best secondary in 2019 we have ever had 

5 corners (studs or soon to be studs)
best safety duo we have had in Smith/Harris
great depth with kearse and iloka

If we can add an impact DT (1st) draft a nice pass rusher (4th)and build up the OL (2nd round G, 3rd round OT) we can win the trenches, dominate the passing game 
You think they will resign George, the guy who was going to replace Sendejo week 1 guaranteed (by some)?
He signed a 1 year deal. He played 11% of snaps

Quote: @Kentis said:
I think njvike should get another year here, he’s had a tremendous run lately... [Image: qn2dmo92pokn.jpeg][Image: sitmdt2iqy7c.gif][Image: 3pogofdi8mkq.gif]
Piss off, you little fucking weenie. 

Although, it IS quite disturbing that you mention me in threads that I neither started, nor participate in.

I feel I should tell you that I am heterosexual, married and do not share your enthusiasm for bestiality or necrophilia. Please direct your obsession elsewhere. There are many worthy candidates in the Midwest Middle School gang. 

Have a nice night. Give my regards to whatever goat you're buggerin' this evening.

Mack, Weatherly and Morgan. The trajectory is high for Mack and Weatherly. Right now they would be cheap, but both could get very expensive if we wait too long. 

The only one who might be a "core player" is Trae Waynes...  the Vikings have the majority of their core guys locked up at the moment.  I could see the team extending Weatherly and Alexander since DE and nickel CB are important spots and both of these guys showed well this season.  I like Morgan and what he brings to the table, but I don't know that the Vikings will be in a rush to extend a blocking TE...
Waynes might be the only one we extend this offseason, but a lot of that will depend on our cap situation, who restructures, and who gets cut.

Quote: @njvike said:
@Kentis said:
Piss off, you little fucking weenie. 

Although, it IS quite disturbing that you mention me in threads that I neither started, nor participate in.

I feel I should tell you that I am heterosexual, married and do not share your enthusiasm for bestiality or necrophilia. Please direct your obsession elsewhere. There are many worthy candidates in the Midwest Middle School gang. 

Have a nice night. Give my regards to whatever goat you're buggerin' this evening.
Hey @Kentis, you sure about that?  B)

NJ, dude you really need some help, seriously.