Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marwan Maalouf
https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/10...5905068034&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.skornorth.com%2Fvikings-2%2F2019%2F01%2Freport-vikings-to-hire-dolphins-assistant-as-new-special-teams-coach%2F

I saw this awhile ago (probably the same time the above tweet went out) but have yet to see anything on the Vikings.com indicating this has happened.  Not sure if it's true or not at this time.

CHAMP-ION-SHIP!

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
CHAMP-ION-SHIP!
you are going to shit when we win the NFCCG on a blocked punt returned for a TD wont you....

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vanguard83 said:
CHAMP-ION-SHIP!
you are going to shit when we win the NFCCG on a blocked punt returned for a TD wont you....
Then lose the SB with a play reminiscent of Cal Stanford

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vanguard83 said:
CHAMP-ION-SHIP!
Those were the days.

Miami has been really good at blocking kicks and punts, while Priefer was really good at having punts and kicks blocked. It would be amazing if we could start blocking some kicks.

Quote: @Tyr said:
Miami has been really good at blocking kicks and punts, while Priefer was really good at having punts and kicks blocked. It would be amazing if we could start blocking some kicks.
Vikings never tried. I don't know that I saw them call a block on a punt all year. They always called the return, which makes some sense if you have great returners, but we didn't. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Tyr said:
Vikings never tried. I don't know that I saw them call a block on a punt all year. They always called the return, which makes some sense if you have great returners, but we didn't. 
i think I would set up for a block every time there is a kick from around mid field... you know that your returner is most likely going to fair catch it anyway at about the 8-10, so why not put everybody at the LOS and go after the kick,  even if you dont get it you might be lucky and rush the punter into a bad kick or slow their coverage team enough that it bounces into the endzone for a touch back.