Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OL And Other Prospects Watch
I'm going to start this thread with the intent of documenting all the OL prospects between now and the draft. Feel free to contribute or mock the gesture...

The Draft Network's Kyle Crabbs lists Oklahoma T Cody Ford as a player who earns a first-round evaluation.
Ford (6'4/338) is a player that not only gets varying grades from different analysts, but also varying opinions on where he's going to play at the next level. Mel Kiper Jr. of ESPN believes Ford ends up at guard, but Crabbs calls him a starting right tackle. If teams do believe Ford won't "have" to play guard, it's not hard to see him going in the first 32 picks. If teams are a little unsure, it could see the Sooner fall into Day 2.

Good idea Barr.  Leave no stone unturned.  Throw a linebacker or tight end in occasionally.

Imagine if we had tapped Hernandez last year and Ford this year...right side would be set for a decade and O'Neill on the left...a return to form of Elf, problem solved...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm going to start this thread with the intent of documenting all the OL prospects between now and the draft. Feel free to contribute or mock the gesture...

The Draft Network's Kyle Crabbs lists Oklahoma T Cody Ford as a player who earns a first-round evaluation.
Ford (6'4/338) is a player that not only gets varying grades from different analysts, but also varying opinions on where he's going to play at the next level. Mel Kiper Jr. of ESPN believes Ford ends up at guard, but Crabbs calls him a starting right tackle. If teams do believe Ford won't "have" to play guard, it's not hard to see him going in the first 32 picks. If teams are a little unsure, it could see the Sooner fall into Day 2.
I think the "If OG then Day 2" logic is outdated and incorrect. 3 G/C picked in round 1 last year, 4 if you count Isaiah Winn who was similar to Ford in having his position debated.

ttt

if Rick sees an OLman that he covets and tries to sneak it to the 2nd round because he thinks he will fall that far because he forcasts him to an OG position.... I may slice his sack open and stuff his head into it.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
if Rick sees an OLman that he covets and tries to sneak it to the 2nd round because he thinks he will fall that far because he forcasts him to an OG position.... I may slice his sack open and stuff his head into it.
Start a GoFundMe page and I'll get your airplane ticket to Minneapolis. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Start a GoFundMe page and I'll get your airplane ticket to Minneapolis. 
We can put it on ppv. OL HAS TO BE ADDRESSED. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
That's a new definition of sacked.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...732822002/

I've seen him mocked to us before...this will get him to slide a bit...