Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Thielen at the Pro Bowl skills challenge

That Adam Thielen sure makes up for his lack of athleticism by being clever.

He can come back and give Kirk Cousin's a few pointers on how to be a Quarterback.

Hopefully he is able to work on beating double teams this off season because he got shut down the last half of the season.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
Hopefully he is able to work on beating double teams this off season because he got shut down the last half of the season.
Man, you Cousins guys...  Of all the Vikings players, it's pretty bad your going after Thielen.

I mean Thielen only averaged 2.9 yards of separation on the year.  3.35 yards of separation against the Bears in week 17.  3.07 yards of separation against the Seahawks.  The Patriots did hold him to only 2.12 yards of separation. @Bears was a measly 3.05 yards of separation.  You can't expect a QB to throw with such tight coverage...
League average is 2.82, by the way.

Quote: @silverjoel said:
@MarkSP18 said:
Man, you Cousins guys...  Of all the Vikings players, it's pretty bad your going after Thielen.

I mean Thielen only averaged 2.9 yards of separation on the year.  3.35 yards of separation against the Bears in week 17.  3.07 yards of separation against the Seahawks.  The Patriots did hold him to only 2.12 yards of separation. @Bears was a measly 3.05 yards of separation.  You can't expect a QB to throw with such tight coverage...
its not a matter of how much separation they get,  its how much they got at the point that the QB is reading them in his progressions and if he has the time to get to that point on a consistent basis.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@silverjoel said:
@MarkSP18 said:

its not a matter of how much separation they get,  its how much they got at the point that the QB is reading them in his progressions and if he has the time to get to that point on a consistent basis.
Look, I'm done taking a post about Thielen's accomplishments and somehow turning it against him.  That post I quoted was in poor taste from someone who will bash any player/unit not named Cousins.  So, I'll just agree to disagree.

In the words of Thielen, "it's been there all f@#$ing day".

@JimmyinSD said:
@silverjoel said:
@MarkSP18 said:

Look, I'm done taking a post about Thielen's accomplishments and somehow turning it against him.  That post I quoted was in poor taste from someone who will bash any player/unit not named Cousins.  So, I'll just agree to disagree.

In the words of Thielen, "it's been there all f@#$ing day".
I like AT as much or more than KC,  but I am not going to blindly say any bitch that AT has about his struggles are on KC. 

The play calling IMO is what he was referring to in that particular game where he said its been there all game.  

@MarkSP18 said:

I don't even know what you are talking about.  I like Cousins and thought it was the right move in the off season out of all the options.  I did not have unrealistic expectations of him just because he got paid what the market would bear though.
He proved once again that he is durable and he put up pretty good numbers even if they all were in garbage time (they weren't).
I have no clue about the separation stats nor do I know where to find them or who put them together.  Apparently it is the holy grail of stats and cannot be disputed.  I would not dispute them anyway.  If you say it is so then so be it.
The fact of the matter, without looking up nerd stats, is that Thielen was on a record pace to start the season with 8 games of 100 yards or more.  He was being discussed as possibly the #1 WR in the NFL in some circles.
Then, defenses started to double him and Diggs (at times) and take them out of the game.  You don't need to look up stats to know that was happening.
Add in the fact that the line was getting whupped by the Bears and Seahawks towards the end of the year and it makes it tough to see Adam "always open" Thielen.
He is going to face more double teams going forward is my prediction.
My comment was meant as a constructive criticism of his game and an area where he might improve.