Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The story of the Factory of Sadness under Haslam

I really like Cleveland fans. I mean every time I see a person in Browns gear I feel the need to give them a hug. Talk about your abused fan base. I know one guy personally who is a die hard. He has my utmost respect. They can say what want about teams having the best fans. New England...please easy. Pittsburgh, Dallas, Green Bay...easy, easy, easy. Now simply admitting out loud you're a Browns fan makes you instantly the greatest.

Wow.  Seems like if the owners leave Dorsey alone, they might actually get somewhere.
Great Odin's ghost, Haslam's tenure makes the McCombs' era look positively competent!

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
I really like Cleveland fans. I mean every time I see a person in Browns gear I feel the need to give them a hug. Talk about your abused fan base. I know one guy personally who is a die hard. He has my utmost respect. They can say what want about teams having the best fans. New England...please easy. Pittsburgh, Dallas, Green Bay...easy, easy, easy. Now simply admitting out loud you're a Browns fan makes you instantly the greatest.
Unless you go by the moniker of Hank the Tank.

Quote: @greediron said:
@suncoastvike said:
Hank the Tank, boy I haven't thought about that for a long time...

I'd have to put Bills fans way-up there too - even with some of their stupid tailgating rituals. They haven't had much to cheer for in a while. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@greediron said:
@suncoastvike said:
Hank the Tank, boy I haven't thought about that for a long time...

I'd have to put Bills fans way-up there too - even with some of their stupid tailgating rituals. They haven't had much to cheer for in a while. 

Ha! Good Ol' Hank! LOL - I remember that guy when he tried to hang out on PT's since he was (deservedly so) getting abused at the Water Cooler (BTW - funniest bunch of fans ever on a sports forum). Some Browns posters came over and warned us about him with links to his past posts. Some of the funniest shit I ever read.

This was the first year that I watched Hard Knocks. Made me interested in keeping up with their season. 
This was also the first year me and my wife watched all of the 1 pm Viking games at a local sports bar. Still had Sunday Ticket but we thought it would be fun to go out with other fans.
Every Sunday I would see some Browns fans and I would tell them that I was pulling for them. Loyal fans.

30 for 30 has a show called Believeland that chronicles Cleveland's sports miseries. They've been through a lot.

The Four Falls of Buffalo is a good 30 for 30. Makes being a Vikings fan not quite so bad. Misery loves company.

Ok -- who's more dysfunctional???

Browns
Jets
Raiduh's

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Browns
Jets
Raiduh's

Man, that's a tough call.  The Browns have been doing it longer and their notoriety of sadness has made them an easier target, but you could also argue they're in a far tougher division.  The Raiders and Jets can't seem to put it together in any one year despite having only Denver and New England the sole dominant team in each of their respective divisions.
But it's more than just wins v. losses.  The sheer number of first round draft picks...especially first overall...shows an amazing lack of talent judging and organizational know-how on the part of the Browns.  And the total lack of a competitive product taking the field  year after year after year, makes me nominate the Cleveland Browns as most dysfunctional.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@purplefaithful said:

Browns
Jets
Raiduh's

Man, that's a tough call.  The Browns have been doing it longer and their notoriety of sadness has made them an easier target, but you could also argue they're in a far tougher division.  The Raiders and Jets can't seem to put it together in any one year despite having only Denver and New England the sole dominant team in each of their respective divisions.
But it's more than just wins v. losses.  The sheer number of first round draft picks...especially first overall...shows an amazing lack of talent judging and organizational know-how on the part of the Browns.  And the total lack of a competitive product taking the field  year after year after year, makes me nominate the Cleveland Browns as most dysfunctional.
Their coaching and GM turnover rate makes me say the Browns as well.  Paying 100k to ignore and select the wrong QB?  Yeah, Browns by a mile.